Tensyn Az Tablets
Tensyn Az Tablets Description
Tensyn Az Tablet treats panic disorders and anxiety disorders. Tensyn Az Tablet belongs to the Benzodiazepine (BZD) class of medications. Benzodiazepines help treat anxiety by calming the brain and t
he central nervous system. It reduces unbalanced chemicals released by neurons which helps to relax the brain in depression. The other uses of the Tensyn AZ tablet include alleviating anxiety, apprehension, concentration issues, impatience, difficulties sleeping, and restlessness. It acts by blocking chemicals that make you stressed and reducing feelings of anxiety and worry. Anxiety disorder is a mental health condition marked by persistent fear that interferes with daily activities. The medication is to be taken orally, and it is not a chewable one but swallowed with water. Make sure you understand everything about the medicine from your psychiatrist before you start taking it. Inform your consultant doctor if you have any the health problems like epileptic seizures, bronchial asthma, Suicidal tendency, clinical depression, and medication abuse history. Consult your psychiatrist if the side effects of Tensyn Az worsen. Food interaction of Tensyn AZ is seen with alcohol, grapefruit, tea, coffee and chocolates.
|You Save||₹6.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alprazolam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder|
|Side effects||Unsteadiness, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, Blurred Vision, Heartburn, LightHeadedness, Memory Impairment and Irritability.|
Uses of Tensyn Az Tablets
- According to CDSCO, Tensyn Az tablet is used
- In the treatment of anxiety disorder
- In the treatment of depressive disorder
- In managing the symptoms of panic disorder
Contraindications of Tensyn Az Tablets
- If you are allergic to alprazolam or any other components.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, use Tensyn Az with caution. The usage of Tensyn Az may induce an increase in intraocular pressure, exacerbating the disease's symptoms.
- If you have been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis.
- If you have preexisting CNS depression.
- If you have active liver problems.
- If you have active acute pulmonary insufficiency.
Side effects of Tensyn Az Tablets
- Visual disturbances
- GI disturbances
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Tensyn Az Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You should use the Tensyn Az tablet with caution in individuals with depression, especially if suicide risk is present.
- Your blood pressure will drop if you take more than the recommended dose of Tensyn Az.
- You must give Tensyn Az to elders with caution as those above 60 years might experience drowsiness and excess weakness.
- You must use the Tensyn Az tablet cautiously in individuals with narcotic addiction. They might experience withdrawal symptoms like seizures.
Mode of Action of Tensyn Az Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tensyn Az Tablets
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Tensyn Az Tablet.
- Follow all of the instructions on the prescription label when using it.
- The medication should be swallowed whole with water or juice; without being chewed or mashed in any way.
- If you're taking Tensyn Az in liquid form, make sure you measure it carefully and only take the prescribed amount for the right duration of time. It could take a few weeks for the symptoms to go away.
Interactions of Tensyn Az Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Flumazenil can produce severe withdrawal symptoms, including seizures, in people on long-term benzodiazepine medication.
- If at all possible, avoid using Tensyn Az Tablet with antihistamines like cetirizine or levocetirizine as it may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating.
- Tensyn Az Tablet should not be taken with metoclopramide as it may exaggerate its side effects.
- When taking Tensyn Az Tablet or other benzodiazepines, you should avoid opioids such as morphine, codeine, tramadol, and hydrocodone, as well as any cough treatments containing these medications. Interaction can cause drowsiness, respiratory depression, coma, and death in some people....
Interactions with food items
- Take the tablet after eating food or consume it on an empty stomach. Coffee or tea consumption may impair this medication's capacity to suppress brain activity. Coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Tensyn Az Tablet relaxes it. Avoid drinking these before and after taking the Tensyn Az tablet....
Storage and disposal of Tensyn Az Tablets
Dosage of Tensyn Az Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Tensyn Az Tab?
Q: Is the Tensyn Az Tablet a narcotic?
Q: Is the tablet a habit-forming medicine?
- Ltd P. . Identification of the Substance/Mixture and the company/undertaking [Internet]. Pfizer.com. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- Evans RL. Alprazolam (xanax, the Upjohn company). Drug Intell Clin Pharm [Internet]. 1981 [cited 2022 Feb 23];15(9):633–8. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- ALPRAZOLAM tablets, for oral use, CIV Initial U.S. Approval: 1981 [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- Alprazolam: Dependence, misuse and withdrawal symptoms: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2022 Feb 23];1515(1):24–24. Available from:
- DailyMed - PROPRANOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE capsule, extended release [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- PubChem. Propranolol [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from: