Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream Description
Tenovate GN cream is used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections and skin inflammation. Tenovate GN cream contains a combination of clobetasol and neomycin as active ingredients. It is meant
for external application only and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. Wash your hands after applying this cream. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Contains||Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/W) + Neomycin Sulphate(0.5 %W/W)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infection|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, rash, dry skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Contraindications of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin or any other ingredients of the Tenovate GN cream.
- If you have acne or an infection on your face, around your mouth or private parts.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you have an untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
Side effects of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have or had an allergic reaction to any steroids.
- You develop an infection or superinfection after using this medicine.
- You are applying Tenovate GN cream on a cut or broken skin, acne or on a larger skin area.
- You should avoid getting this cream into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits and private parts. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using this medicine.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Tenovate GN cream must not be used for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
Mode of Action of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Tenovate GN cream works by the combined action of both its components - Clobetasol and Neomycin.
- Clobetasol is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic and it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
- Tenovate GN cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Tenovate GN cream is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Tenovate GN cream should be used with caution along with ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), as it may increase the risk of having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
- Store the Tenovate GN cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Tenovate Gn Tube Of 10gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tenovate GN cream be used to treat fungal infections?
Q: Can I stop using Tenovate GN cream if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]
- DailyMed - BACLEZENE- neomycin sulfate cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 January 2022]