Telma D 40/1.5mg Tablets 10'S
Telma-D tablet is an anti-hypertensive medication used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing telmisartan and indapamide as its active components. This medic
ine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting Telma-D tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
Contraindications of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, indapamide or any of the other ingredients of Telma-D tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you are pregnant (second or third trimester).
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are being treated with aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure).
- If you have low levels of potassium in your body.
Side effects of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
- Skin rash
- Allergic reactions
- Low blood pressure
- Low blood potassium levels
Precautions and Warnings of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- You have gout or diabetes.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You have dehydration.
- You are taking medicines containing ramipril and lisinopril, discuss with the doctor if you are unsure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do a test to check the parathyroid function.
- If you notice an increase in the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight, inform your doctor.
Directions for Use of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
- Telma-D tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
- Store in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
How Does It Work?
- Telma-D tablet works by the combined action of telmisartan and indapamide.
- Telmisartan works by blocking the formation of a chemical called angiotensin II in the body responsible for the tightening of blood vessels.
- Indapamide works by acting on the kidneys. It increases the urinary output and hence increases the excretion of water and salt from the body. This helps in reducing cardiac output and blood pressure.
Interactions of TELMA D 40/1.5MG TABLETS 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telma-D tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, diabetes, infection, asthma, psychiatric illnesses or are taking blood thinners, pain killers, water pills, antibiotics, steroids, medications for stomach-related disorders, etc. Discuss with your doctor if you are unsure....
- Also, inform the doctor if you have diabetes and take aliskiren.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Telma-D tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Telma-D tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- Micardis 40 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- Micardis 40 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- Indipam XL 1.5 mg Prolonged-release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
- Indipam XL 1.5 mg Prolonged-release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 July 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Telma 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma Am 40 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma H 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma H 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma 20 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma Ct 40 6 25 Tablets 15 S
- Telma H 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets