Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Telma AMH 80 tablet is an antihypertensive medication. It is used to reduce high blood pressure in adults. It contains a combination of three medicines - amlodipine, telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazi
de as active substances. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. If pregnancy is detected during treatment with Telma AMH 80 tablet, discontinue use as soon as possible and inform your doctor. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. While taking Telma AMH 80, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle modifications like exercising regularly, reducing salt intake and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure. Telma AMH 80 tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
|You Save||₹63.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(80.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, telmisartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredients of Telma AMH 80 tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low pulse or heart output, etc.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have low potassium, low sodium, high calcium, or high uric acid levels in your blood.
Side effects of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from heart diseases or you recently had a heart attack.
- You have asthma or any other allergies.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are suffering from an autoimmune condition called lupus.
- You have high blood potassium levels.
- You experience severe diarrhoea causing weight loss or eye pain or reduced vision.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You have skin cancer or experience any skin reactions (skin rash, redness, sunburns) on being exposed to sunlight.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like ramipril, lisinopril, aliskiren, etc.
Mode of Action of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telma AMH 80 tablet works by the combined action of all its active components - amlodipine, telmisartan, and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Amlodipine and telmisartan work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. Thus it helps to relax blood vessels and allows the blood to flow easily.
- Hydrochlorothiazide works by helping the body get rid of extra fluid or water through urine, eventually lowering your blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma AMH 80 tablet should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Telma AMH 80 tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with lithium (used in psychiatric illness) is not recommended.
- You should avoid taking medicines like aliskiren, captopril, and candesartan along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Simultaneous use of Telma AMH 80 tablet is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, and indapamide) as it may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine....
- Medicines like spironolactone and potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along with this medicine and thus they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) along with this medicine should be avoided.
- Medicines like baclofen, aspirin, ibuprofen, amifostine, phenobarbital, colesevelam, simvastatin, antacids (aluminum magnesium hydroxide), ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), rifampicin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), verapamil (used to treat heart problems), tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with Telma AMH 80 tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma AMH 80 tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Telma Amh 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Excess of Telma AMH 80 tablet may lead to low blood pressure. You may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, unconsciousness, dehydration, and unclear vision.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- In case you've missed any dose of Telma AMH 80 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Telma AMH 80 tablet?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan a balanced diet containing proteins, whole grains, fibrous fruits, and vegetables.
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits.
- You need to limit carbohydrate, salt, and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight.
- You must avoid smoking or drinking.
Q: I am experiencing episodes of low blood pressure, what can I do?
- If you are taking Telma AMH 80 tablet, in the initial few days you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness.
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water.
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you experience dizziness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
Q: What is Telma AMH 80 used for?
Other Products from this Brand
- TELMA 40MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- TELMA AM 40/5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELMA H 40MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- TELMA 40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELMA 20MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELMA 20MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- TELMA H 40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELMA CT 40/6.25 TABLETS 15'S
- TELMA 80MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- TELMA H 80MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS