Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tel Cad Am Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of telmisartan and amlodipine as its active ingredients. Along with the medi
cine you need to be particular about your diet like a low salt diet and should include exercise in your daily routine. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. During the treatment, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may also ask for few kidney tests also during the treatment. It is not safe during pregnancy, so you need to discuss about pregnancy before starting the treatment.
|You Save||₹23.61 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Swelling in hands, feet, redness of face, back pain, weakness|
- Zensartan Am Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 132.00₹ 112.2016.14% CHEAPER₹ 11.22/Tablet
- Teledin Am Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Akums Drugs And Pharmaceutical Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 96.8027.65% CHEAPER₹ 9.68/Tablet
- Arbitel Am TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 156.00₹ 132.600.9% CHEAPER₹ 13.26/Tablet
- Amlopres Tl Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.97₹ 103.6748.36% CHEAPER₹ 6.91/Tablet
- Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.97₹ 103.6748.36% CHEAPER₹ 6.91/Tablet
- Tazloc Am 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.55₹ 120.3210.09% CHEAPER₹ 12.03/Tablet
- Telmikaa Am 40mg TabletBy Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 154.80₹ 131.581.64% CHEAPER₹ 13.16/Tablet
- Teleact Am 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.0011.06% CHEAPER₹ 11.90/Tablet
- Telzox Am Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 197.59₹ 167.9516.29% CHEAPER₹ 11.20/Tablet
- Xstan Am Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 81.00₹ 68.8565.7% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
Uses of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have a known allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have diabetes and already taking a medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling in hands, feet
- Redness of face
- Back pain
- Stomachache, diarrhoea
- Headache, dizziness
- Fall in blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You are planning for a pregnancy.
- You may experience a sudden drop in blood pressure. If you feel unwell, then lay down in bed for some time and then get up. In such situations, doctors generally start the treatment with less dose and close medical supervision....
- Also if you are taking any kind of potassium supplements, because Tel Cad Am Tablet can lead to electrolyte imbalance. It may increase the level of potassium levels.
- You are already taking other medicines to treat blood pressure (like aliskiren), it may lead to a few side effects including a sudden drop in blood pressure
- You are suffering from any kind of heart problem, As it may worsen the heart problem sometimes. The doctor decides the dose accordingly.
- You have a history of heart failure, you need to be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Tel Cad Am Tablet is a combination of two medicines telmisartan and amlodipine. Amlodipine inhibits calcium entry into the cells of the heart and blood vessels and relaxes the arteries so that blood can easily flow....
- Telmisartan works by blocking the formation of a chemical called angiotensin II in the body responsible for the tightening of blood vessels.
- This combined action of these two ingredients relaxes the blood vessels and makes the heart more efficient to pump the blood throughout the body. Thereby helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine with or without food.
- Try to take the medicine at the same time daily.
Interactions of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tel Cad Am Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Simultaneous use of Tel Cad Am Tablet and heart-related medicines like digoxin should be avoided.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics along with the Tel Cad Am Tablet.
- Concomitant use of Tel Cad Am Tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are lithium, water pills, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, etc.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid grapefruit juice as it impacts the effectiveness of this medicine.
- It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, potatoes. Also, try to reduce the amount of salt in food and increase water intake.
Storage and disposal of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at room temperature (between 20° to 25°C).
- Store it in original packaging.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Tel Cad Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
Q: Can potassium supplements be taken along with Tel Cad Am Tablet?
- Tel Cad Am Tablet is known to increase blood potassium levels. So it is advised not to take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine.
- Doctors may also ask for regular tests to determine blood potassium during the treatment.
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- Try to have less amount of potassium-containing foods like mushrooms, pea, cucumber, banana, etc.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
Q: Can I take Tel Cad Am Tablet on an empty stomach?
Q: What are some other precautions I should take during the treatment?
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- Prevent High Blood Pressure | cdc.gov [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- Does grapefruit affect my medicine? [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- How alcohol affects blood pressure [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]