Tecbeta 50mg Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tecbeta Er 50 MG Description
Tecbeta 50mg Tab contains Metoprolol. It belongs to a class of medicines called as beta-blockers.
|You Save||₹12.72 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- It is used to treat:
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain (angina pectoris)
- Irregular heart rhythm
Contraindications of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from heart conduction problem (like AV block) or uncontrolled heart failure
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node)
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning (Prinzmetal's angina)
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease)
- If you have severe asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to tumour in adrenal gland (phaechromocytoma)
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body)
- If you are using medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
Side effects of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- Low blood pressure when you stand
- Slow heart rate
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
Can I take Tecbeta 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Tecbeta 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the mother’s milk and not recommended if you are breastfeeding
- The infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing of heart rate in such cases
Can I drive if I have consumed Tecbeta 50mg Tab?
This medicine affects your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and tiredness.
Can I consume alcohol with Tecbeta 50mg Tab?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it may cause increased sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma
- If you have diabetes, caution is required, Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma)
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone)
- You are suffering from psoriasis
- You have a circulation related problem in toes, arm, legs or fingers
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina)
- You recently had any heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery
Mode of Action of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Tecbeta 50mg Tab works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- Please take it as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time everyday
Interactions of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm (Amiodarone, disopyramide)
- Medicines used to treat pain or inflammation (Indomethacin, Sulindac, Diclofenac and Foctafenine)
- Medicines used to treat depression (Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and Bupropion)
- Medicines used to treat mental conditions (antipsychotic) like Thioridazine
- Medicines used to treat HIV (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat allergies (antihistamine) like Diphenhydramine
- Medicines used to treat malaria (Hydroxychloroquine, Mefloquine)
- Medicines used to treat fungal infection of skin (Terbinafine)
- Medicines used to treat acidity or ulcers (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin)
- Medicine used in acute shock and severe allergic reaction (Epinephrine)
- Medicine used to reduce swelling of the nose (Phenylpropanolamine)
- Eye drops like other beta blockers
- Medicines used to treat depression and Parkinson’s disease (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors)
- Medicines used to lower down the blood pressure (Clonidine, Guanfacine, Moxonidine, Methyldopa, Rilmenidine)
- Medicines used to treat migraine (Ergotamine)
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Nitroglycerine)
- General anaesthetics or local anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Medicines used to reduce blood sugar level like Insulin and oral antidiabetic medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prazosine, Tamsulosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin)
Interactions with food items
You must take this medicine dose on an empty stomach without food.
Storage and disposal of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Try to keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Tecbeta Er 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in blood...
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop this medication on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Tecbeta 50mg Tab?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, if any.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Does Masturbation Cause Weight Loss? Debunking Sexual Health Misconceptions
Key Highlights: Introduction Masturbation has many myths around it. One such myth claims it can lead to weight loss. There may be some truth to the energy spent during the act. Whether it leads to weight loss is what will be discussed in this article. We will also debunk any misunderstandings, talk about other ways
Foods That Fight Nausea During Pregnancy: Guide For Expecting Mothers
Key Highlights: Introduction The journey of pregnancy is beautiful but one filled with challenges. A very common problem that most women face is nausea or morning sickness. This blog talks about foods that may help fight nausea during pregnancy. This information may help make your journey more pleasant. As you read on, you’ll come across
What Causes Morning Wood: A Scientific Explanation
Key Highlights: Introduction Morning wood is also known as nocturnal penile tumescence. It’s a phenomenon that many men routinely experience. It doesn’t matter how old men are and it’s not related to sexual arousal. By understanding what causes it, you may be better prepared to take the necessary steps to cope with it. In this
Jalapeno Pepper: Exploring Its Research-Backed Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Do you love adding extra jalapenos on your pizza? Of course you do! This variety of chili pepper can really enhance the taste of pizzas, burgers, subs and everything else! That’s largely because of its spicy flavor! Jalapeno peppers are loved worldwide because of their fiery spice and many health perks. These
Blackstrap Molasses: Uncovering Its Health Benefits and Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Blackstrap molasses is the thick, inky syrup, seen by many as a better choice than refined sugar. While being a sweet byproduct of sugar making, it also carries multiple good nutrients. These may do good things to boost our wellness. A rising number of people are turning to blackstrap molasses. They see
Bladderwrack: Discovering Its Research-Based Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction to Bladderwrack For ages, people have turned to bladderwrack (also known as Fucus vesiculosus, a type of brown seaweed that grows in the Baltic Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and North Pacific Ocean. The whole plant is used as medicine), which is rich in nutrients. Planning to eat it? There could be health benefits
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.