Taxim 500mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Taxim 500 MG Description
Taxim Powder For Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infection of the lungs, airways, skin and gynaecological diseases. It contains cefotaxime as an active component that belongs to the cepha
losporin class of antibiotics. This injection will be given to you at the hospital under medical supervision.
Uses of Taxim 500 MG
Contraindications of Taxim 500 MG
Side effects of Taxim 500 MG
- Pain, tenderness and swelling at the injection site
- Rashes, itching, fever
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this medicine or penicillin and have a history of serious allergic reaction.
- You experience skin redness, weakness.
- You have developed diarrhoea and it is persistent, seek immediate medical help.
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disorder, any kind of heart problem, etc.
- You have a known medical condition like liver or kidney function problem or any kind of heart-related disorder, etc.
- You are taking medicines like Streptomycin or Amikacin along with this medicine, a regular kidney function test is recommended.
Mode of Action of Taxim 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Taxim 500 MG
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Taxim 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taxim Powder For Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Antibiotics like streptomycin and water pills like furosemide when taken along with this injection can affect your kidney function, close monitoring of kidney function is recommended.
- Patients on anti-gout medicine like probenecid with existing kidney function problem should be cautious.
Storage and disposal of Taxim 500 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Once the vial is opened, use it immediately.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this injection?
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
Q: How is Taxim Powder For Injection given?
Other Products from this Brand
- Taxim O 200 Mg Tablet
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim Vial Of 1 Gm Powder For Injection
- Taxim 125 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim 250 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Ped Drops
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup