Targocid 400mg Injection 1's
3ml Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Targocid 400 mg injection contains Teicoplanin as its active ingredient. It is used for treating serious bacterial infections. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or
nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
Targocid 400 mg injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
If you are allergic to Teicoplanin or any other ingredients of Targocid 400 mg injection.
Side effects of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
- Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling
- Skin rashes, itching
- Headache, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhoea (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
Can I take Targocid 400 mg injection during pregnancy?
- Targocid 400 mg injection should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only give you this medicine if considered essential and if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I take Targocid 400 mg injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Teicoplanin passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Targocid 400 mg injection while breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Targocid 400 mg injection?
Targocid 400 mg injection may sometimes cause dizziness and headache, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Targocid 400 mg injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Targocid 400 mg injection, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to another antibiotic called vancomycin.
- You have problems with your kidneys.
- You have a low platelet count.
- You have a condition called red man syndrome (symptoms include redness, itching, rash, fever, chills).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
- You are on other medications which may affect your kidneys, hearing or nervous system.
- You develop some serious side effects or allergic reactions after treatment with Targocid 400 mg injection.
Mode of Action of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
How Does It Work?
Teicoplanin in Targocid 400 mg injection works by killing the bacteria which causes infection in your body.
Directions for Use of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
- Targocid 400 mg injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Targocid 400 mg injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Targocid 400 mg injection along with aminoglycoside solutions should be avoided.
- This medicine should be used with caution along with aminoglycosides, colistin, amphotericin B, ciclosporin, cisplatin, furosemide and ethacrynic acid.
Storage and disposal of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
- Store Targocid 400 mg injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Targocid 400mg Injection 1'S
Targocid 400 mg injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you feel agitated or experience any other symptoms r
ight after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Targocid 400 mg injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might
have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Targocid 400mg injection?
A: Targocid 400 mg injection is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Q: Can I take Targocid 400 mg injection on my own?
A: No, you should not take Targocid 400mg injection on your own, as you do not know the site of administration or the appropriate dose. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. You should always do as instructed by your doctor or visit the hospital
Q: Can I stop taking Targocid 400 mg injection on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking Targocid 400 mg injection without consulting the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you discontinue this medicine before completing the treatment, your symptoms may reoccur.
Q: Is Targocid 400mg injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Targocid 400mg injection is an antibiotic.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 06:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved