Talifer Injection 5ml
Price to be Updated
Talifer Injection 5ml Description
Talifer Injection contains iron sucrose as active ingredient. It is used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia. This medicine restores the decrease level of iron in the body. Avoid taking T
alifer if you have any allergic reaction to any other iron medicines. Before starting with Talifer Injection, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming. This Injection will be given in a hospital or clinic by a nurse or the doctor. Do not self-inject.
Uses of Talifer Injection 5ml
Contraindications of Talifer Injection 5ml
- If you are allergic to iron sucrose or any other ingredients of Talifer Injection.
- If you have a severe allergic reaction to other iron medicines.
- If you have anemia, which is not caused due to iron-deficiency.
- If you have excessive iron in your body.
- If you have a problem with how your body uses iron.
Side effects of Talifer Injection 5ml
- Stomach pain
- Pain in the muscle, limbs, joints
- Injection site pain, swelling, redness, itching
- Injection site bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Talifer Injection 5ml
- There is limited information about the effects of this Injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child.
- This Injection passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of having an allergy to the medicine.
- You have an immune system disease called lupus.
- You have swelling or pain in your joints.
- You have severe asthma or other allergies.
- You have any infections.
- You have problems with your liver.
- This Injection is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Talifer Injection 5ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Talifer Injection 5ml
- This Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Talifer Injection 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of iron sucrose along with other iron medicines taken by mouth should be avoided as it may alter the effects of the medicine. You should use iron medicine taken by mouth at least 5-days after the iron Injection....
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the other medicines or herbal products you are using.
Storage and disposal of Talifer Injection 5ml
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this Injection away from children and pets.
- This Injection should be used immediately after opening.
- Do not use this Injection if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this Injection in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Talifer Injection 5ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is iron-deficiency or anemia?
Q: What are the food sources of iron?
- Lean meat, seafood and chicken
- Iron-protected breakfast cereals and bread
- White beans, lentils, spinach, kidney beans, and peas
- Nuts and some dried fruits, such as raisins
Q: Is Talifer Injection safe in pregnancy?
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Iron Sucrose Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]