Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Syntran 100mg Capsule is an antifungal medicine that contains itraconazole. It belongs to a class of medicines known as azole antifungals. It works by inhibiting the growth of fungi responsible for fungal infection. It is used to treat various fungi and yeast infections. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration exactly as prescribed. Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better. Otherwise, it can lead to re-infection. It should preferably be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. Nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain are a few common side effects that can be seen after taking Syntran 100mg Capsule. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Syntran 100mg Capsule is used for the treatment or prevention of fungal infection of the vagina, nails, skin, mouth, eyes and other internal organs.
Contraindications of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Itraconazole or any other ingredients of Syntran 100mg Capsule.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you have any kind of heart-related problems like an irregular heartbeat.
Side effects of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to use this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to conceive. It may increase the chances of a miscarriage and might even cause birth defects when consumed in large doses.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine is probably unsafe and should be avoided while breastfeeding because it is known to pass into the breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
You should not drive or operate tools and machines while using this medication as it is known to cause fits, dizziness and other side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience symptoms like irregular or fast heartbeat, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, light colour stool, weight gain etc.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from any heart disorder.
- You have a lungs-related disorder.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels or any adrenal dysfunction.
Mode of Action of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Syntran 100mg Capsule has itraconazole as the primary component. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme that is essential in fungal cell membrane synthesis. Thus, preventing the fungi from multiplying. This eventually results in fungal death due to an incomplete cell membrane.
Directions for Use of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- This medicine is for oral consumption only.
- Administer this medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow this medicine with water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
- Follow-up with your doctor after the completion of the course of this medicine.
Interactions of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Syntran 100mg Capsule may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicine for brain-related disorders like buspirone, alprazolam, anti-cancer medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used for erectile dysfunction like sildenafil etc.read less
- Contraceptive pills show reduced efficacy, making the use of barrier-type contraceptive essential should be used with caution along with Syntran 100mg Capsule.
- There should be a gap of at least 2 hours between Syntran 100mg Capsule and antacids.
- Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- This medicine should be kept away from children.
- Please avoid using this medicine beyond the expiry date.
- This medicine needs to be stored in a closed container.
- Keep this medicine in a cool and dry place.
- There are no special storage conditions required for this medicine.
- Please follow medical waste management instructions when disposing of this medicine.
Dosage of Syntran 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- This medicine should be used in equally measured doses. Overdose of this medicine may cause an irregular heartbeat, fits, headache, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting.
- Seek immediate medical help if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I provide my healthcare provider before starting treatment with Syntran 100mg Capsule?
A: You should report your complete medical histories like if you have any kind of heart, liver or kidney disease, your sexual activity and the possible intake of contraceptive pills to your doctor.
Q: Is this medicine suitable for the use of children?
A: This medicine is for adults and is not suitable for children. You should consult your doctor for a child-specific dosage.
Q: Can I take Syntran 100mg Capsule empty stomach?
A: It is suggested to take this medicine with food as it may lead to heartburn if taken on an empty stomach.
Q: How long should I continue taking Syntran 100mg Capsule? Can I stop the treatment if I feel better?
A: If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well. Therefore it is advised to complete the entire course of treatment. After the completion of the course, follow-up with your doctor to determine whether or not to continue this medication.
Q: Is this medicine suitable to treat viral infections?
A: No. This medicine is used for treating fungal infections only and is not effective against viral infections.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Mar 2021 | 03:58 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved