Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Swich Cv 325mg Tablet Description
Swich CV-325 tablet is a beta-lactam antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and genitals. It contains a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic
acid as active substances. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics to prevent the risk of re-infection. Inform your doctor about your medical history and if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹55.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
- Swich CV-325 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, skin, ear, throat, and tonsils.
- It is also used to treat pneumonia and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) like gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid, or any of the ingredients of Swich CV-325 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics like cephalexin. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you experience seizures/fits.
Side effects of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
Can I take Swich CV-325 tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effect of Swich CV-325 tablet during pregnancy. Swich CV-325 tablet should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I take Swich CV-325 tablet while breastfeeding?
- Swich CV-325 tablet passes into human breast milk. Swich CV-325 tablet should only be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Swich CV-325 tablet?
Swich CV-325 tablet may cause dizziness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Swich CV-325 tablet?
Limited information is available on the interaction of alcohol with Swich CV-325 tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Swich CV-325 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You drink alcohol or alcoholic beverages regularly.
Mode of Action of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Swich CV-325 tablet contains cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as active substances.
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by preventing the formation of the bacterial cell wall.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates a chemical called beta-lactamase in the bacteria that can prevent cefpodoxime from functioning optimally in the body.
Directions for Use of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
- Take Swich CV-325 tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Swich CV-325 tablet works, or Swich CV-325 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating gout (probenecid), immune system alteration (cyclosporine), cancer (cisplatin), pain/fever (indomethacin).
Storage and disposal of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
- Store Swich CV-325 tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Swich Cv 325mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Swich CV-325 tablet include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Swich CV-325 tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Swich CV-325 tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of Swich CV-325 tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection recurring.
Q: I have the flu, can I take Swich CV-325 tablet?
A: Flu is a common cold that is generally caused by viruses. This medicine only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Does Swich CV-325 tablet make birth control pills less effective?
A: Yes, Swich CV-325 tablet does make birth control pills less effective. It is recommended that you use physical methods of birth control while taking this medicine.
Q: Does Swich CV-325 tablet cause weight gain?
A: No, there are no studies that state that Swich CV-325 tablet may cause weight gain. Nonetheless, if you experience weight gain after taking this medicine, please contact your doctor.
Q: What is the composition of Swich CV-325 tablet?
A: The composition of Swich CV-325 tablet includes cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Is Swich CV-325 tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: No, Swich CV-325 tablet is not a habit-forming medicine.
Q: Is Swich CV-325 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Swich CV-325 tablet is an antibiotic medicine of the beta-lactam class of antibiotics containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as its active substances.
Q: What is the difference between Swich CV-325 tablet and Swich drops?
A: Swich CV-325 is a tablet containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as active substances. Swich drops is an oral suspension containing only cefpodoxime as its active substance and is meant for use in children who are unable to swallow tablets.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed