Supridol Injection 2ml
Supridol 100 MG Description
Supridol Injection is a prescription medication used to treat and prevent mild to moderate pain. Pain is an unpleasant sensation that can be triggered due to an injury or disease. Supridol Injection
can relieve general or localised pain. Supridol Injection contains Tramadol as an active ingredient. Tramadol belongs to a group of medicines called opioid analgesics that are essentially pain killers. It works like other opioids by blocking pain signals from the brain and reducing pain perception. It relieves pain due to arthritis, headache or lower back pain, surgery etc. Supridol Injection is generally given under the supervision of a healthcare provider and should not be self-administered at home. The dosage and duration of this medication will be decided by the doctor depending on disease symptoms and the severity of your condition. Supridol Injection the risks of dependency, abuse, and addiction. Therefore, its doses must be carefully monitored.
|You Save||₹3.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Moderate to severe pain, Chronic pain, Procedural and post-surgical pain.|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Dry Mouth, Pain at the injection site.|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Supridol 100 MG
- As per CDSCO, Supridol Injection is used for-
- Treatment of moderate to severe pain.
- Treatment of chronic (long term) pain due to a disease or injury.
- Management of procedural and post-surgical pain.
Contraindications of Supridol 100 MG
- If you are allergic to any component of the Supridol Injection, i.e., Tramadol.
- If you have any seizure disorders.
- If you have a head injury.
- If you have stomach bleeding and intestinal perforation.
- If you have a condition like paralytic ileus (intestinal obstructions).
- If you have respiratory illness or breathing difficulties.
- If you have a history of addiction and alcohol abuse.
- If you have severe liver and kidney disease.
- If you are under 18, opioid medicine is contraindicated in children
Side effects of Supridol 100 MG
- Dry Mouth
- Pain at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Supridol 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Supridol Injection.
- You experience self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You have breathing issues.
- You experience a seizure or convulsion.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You have withdrawal-like symptoms.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy during the course of treatment.
- You use any herbal or ayurvedic medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements. Do not take this injection with other medications without informing your doctor.
Mode of Action of Supridol 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Supridol 100 MG
- Do not self-administer Supridol Injection.
- Supridol Injection should be administered under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Supridol Injection should not be used unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Hands should be cleansed before administering Supridol Injection.
- Shake the vial before using it.
- Clean the site of injection with rubbing alcohol before injecting Supridol Injection.
Interactions of Supridol 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Use of Supridol Injection with other CNS depressants (Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam) and other opioids(codeine, morphine) is strictly contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and even death....
- Supridol Injection should not be used together or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Supridol Injection interacts with antidepressant-like imipramine, desipramine, antihistamines (allergy medicines)-levocetirizine, cetirizine, other Pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, codeine, sleeping pills, etc. Can increase drowsiness and fatigue....
- Supridol Injection interacts with antifungal medicines like fluconazole, ketoconazole, and itraconazole can reduce its effects.
Interactions with food items
- Do not drink alcohol or grapefruit juice while taking Supridol Injection, as it can intensify the effects.
Storage and disposal of Supridol 100 MG
Dosage of Supridol 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Supridol Injection a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Does suddenly stopping the consumption of Supridol Injection lead to withdrawal symptoms?
Q: Does taking Supridol Injection more than the recommended dose reduce my pain quickly?
- Tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg/ml solution for injection or infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Tramadol Information [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Tramadol: strong painkiller to treat severe pain [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Drugs H. Tramadol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].