By JOHNSON & JOHNSON
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Stugil Tablet contains is a combination of Cinnarizine and Domperidone. It is used to treat vertigo. It prevents nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness. Take this medicine exactly as directed by the doctor. It should be swallowed with a glass of water before your meals. Sleepiness, nausea, indigestion, weight gain are a few side effects that you may experience while on this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Stugil Tablet
Stugil Tablet is used to prevent symptoms caused by vertigo or motion sickness like nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness.
Contraindications of Stugil Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cinnarizine and Domperidone or any of the ingredient of Stugil Tablet.
- If you have a history of bleeding or obstruction in the digestive tract.
- If you have black stools or notice blood in your stools.
- If you have a history of tumour in pituitary gland.
- If you have problems with your liver or heart.
- If you are suffering from a birth defect known as phenylketonuria.
- If you have a condition that gives you a low level of potassium or magnesium, or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Stugil Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Drowsiness, Tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Constipation, heartburn
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash, itching
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Stugil Tablet
Can I take Stugil Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used in pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Stugil Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into breast milk, and it can affect the newborn baby. You doctor may advise you to either discontinue the medicine or to discontinue the breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stugil Tablet?
This medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Stugil Tablet?
Alcohol consumption, along with this medicine, can cause sedation. Try to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have Parkinson's disease
- You have a blood condition called porphyria
- You have any liver or kidney problems
- You have heart diseases or AIDS
- You are above 60 years
- You weigh less than 35 kgs
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Stugil Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Stugil Tablet works by the combined action of Cinnarizine & Domperidone.
- Cinnarizine acts as a labyrinthine sedative and prevents the constriction of blood vessels in the inner ear. At the same time, domperidone acts as antiemetic and increases the contraction of the muscles of the GI tract.read less
Directions for Use of Stugil Tablet
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It must be taken on an empty stomach. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stugil Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Digoxin, Aspirin, paracetamol, diazepam, phenothiazine can alter the effects of Stugil Tablet.
- Medicines like atropine, ipratropium bromide, scopolamine, codeine or morphine should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Stugil Tablet
Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Stugil Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose may include irritation, altered consciousness, fits, sleepiness, and unusual muscle movements.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Stugil Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should follow the prescribed dosage duration; otherwise, there are chances of recurrence of vertigo or giddiness.
Q: Can I drive my car while on treatment with Stugil Tablet?
- This medicine is known to cause side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, tiredness, visual abnormalities. Hence you should avoid driving if you experience any of these symptoms.
- If you feel dizzy, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better.
- CDSCO. Cinnarizine and Domperidone. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- MIMS. Cinnarizine and Domperidone. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- Drugsupdate.com. Cinnarizine and Domperidone. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Domperidone. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Cinnarizine. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved