Stenaur D 50mg Injection
Stenaur D 50 MG Description
Stenaur D Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women to manage bones from weakening. It contains nandrolone as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by strengthen
ing weak and brittle bones. This injection will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Stenaur D 50 MG
Contraindications of Stenaur D 50 MG
- If you are allergic to Nandrolone or any other ingredients of Stenaur D Injection.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have a blood disease called porphyria.
- If you are allergic to soy or peanuts.
Side effects of Stenaur D 50 MG
- Injection site reaction
- Swelling of ankles or feet
- Excess hair growth on the body or face
- Hoarseness or change in voice
Precautions and Warnings of Stenaur D 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 60 years old.
- You have kidney or lung cancer.
- You have migraine or fits (epilepsy).
- You suffer from diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You had or have breast cancer which may have spread to the bones.
- You are taking or about to start medicines like Prednisone, Betamethasone (used to treat rheumatic arthritis, asthma, etc).
- You notice any male characteristics (change in voice, excess hair growth on the body or face), contact your doctor urgently.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Stenaur D Injection while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Mode of Action of Stenaur D 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Stenaur D 50 MG
- Stenaur D Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Stenaur D 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Stenaur D Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- The use of insulin or other antidiabetics along with this medicine can affect the way this medicine works. Thus close monitoring is necessary.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with blood thinners like Warfarin, heparin, etc may alter the effects of this medicine.
- Use the hormone ACTH or corticosteroids (used in arthritis, asthma, etc), medicines like Erythropoietin (used in anemia) should be used with caution along with Stenaur D Injection.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test (like thyroid gland), as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Stenaur D 50 MG
- Store Stenaur D Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Stenaur D 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Stenaur D Injection contain steroid?
Q: Can Stenaur D be used for joint pain?
Q: What is the use of Stenaur D Injection?
Q: Can I take Stenaur D by myself?
- Deca-Durabolin Injection- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Deca-Durabolin Injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]