Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IND SWIFT LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stemin 0.5 MG Description
Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a steroid medicine containing Betamethasone as its active ingredient. It is used in relieving inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with di
fferent types of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other allergic conditions. Take this medicine exactly as told by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹0.84 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Betamethasone(0.5 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Betnesol 0.5mg TabletBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 14.10₹ 12.13₹ 0.61/Tablet
- Walacort 0.5mg Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 15.50₹ 13.95₹ 0.7/Tablet
Uses of Stemin 0.5 MG
Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, etc.
Contraindications of Stemin 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone or any other ingredients of Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Stemin 0.5 MG
- Increased sweating or appetite
- Thinning of bones
- Prolonged treatment may cause retard growth in children
- Blurred vision (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Stemin 0.5 MG
Can I take Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
- This medicine must be avoided during pregnancy, as it may be harmful. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
- If you get pregnant while on treatment, consult your doctor. Do not stop the medicine unless told to do so by your doctor.
Can I take Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is likely to pass into your milk. Thus, consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving. However, if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any type of infection.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have any eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You or your family members had or have glaucoma.
- You are suffering from any mental health problems.
- You recently had chickenpox, shingles, measles or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of Stemin 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Betamethasone works by binding to steroid receptors present on the cells, activating natural substances in the skin to reduce swelling, redness and itching.
Directions for Use of Stemin 0.5 MG
- Take Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Stemin 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like rifampicin, rifabutin (used in tuberculosis), carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, primidone (used to treat fits or seizures) may reduce the effects of this medicine. Thus, it should be used with caution....
- Medicines like insulin (and other diabetic medicines), other anti-hypertensive medicines (captopril, verapamil), blood thinners like warfarin, water pills, pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma) may increase the effects of this medicine when taken simultaneously....
- Other medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pill, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Stemin 0.5 MG
- Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Stemin 0.5 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contain?
A: Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Betamethasone as its main component.
Q: Is Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets a steroid medicine?
A: Yes, Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Betamethasone, which is a steroid.
Q: How should I take Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: Take Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets with a glass of water. Swallow it whole. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Stemin 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets if I feel my symptoms are gone?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you feel your symptoms have disappeared. If you do so, you may not be completely cured and it may produce side effects as well.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed