Somycin 500mg Tablets
Somycin 500 MG Description
Somycin Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medic
ine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Somycin Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Azincure 500mg Strip Of 3 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.68₹ 58.6610.69% CHEAPER₹ 19.55/Tablet
- Zithrozem 500mg Strip Of 3 TabletsBy Zee Laboratories Ltd3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 60.008.63% CHEAPER₹ 20/Tablet
- Zarocin 500mg TabletBy Megha Herbals3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.33₹ 61.356.58% CHEAPER₹ 20.45/Tablet
- Myazi 500mg TabletBy Gracious Pharmaceuticals3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.450.32% CHEAPER₹ 21.82/Tablet
- Azicox 500mg TabletBy Coxswain Healthcare3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.60₹ 60.018.63% CHEAPER₹ 20.00/Tablet
- Envozi 500 Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Narankaa Pharma6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.25₹ 126.014.07% CHEAPER₹ 21.00/Tablet
- Aziclass 500mg Tablet 5'sBy Apex Laboratories Private Limited5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.71₹ 94.1713.98% CHEAPER₹ 18.83/Tablet
- Prazith 500mg TabletBy Prism Lifescience3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.02₹ 54.4217.13% CHEAPER₹ 18.14/Tablet
- Azitox 500 Tablets 3'sBy J.m.laboratories3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 60.358.09% CHEAPER₹ 20.12/Tablet
- Azsuch 500mg Tablets 3'sBy Resilent (marquis)3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.95₹ 62.005.57% CHEAPER₹ 20.67/Tablet
Uses of Somycin 500 MG
Contraindications of Somycin 500 MG
Side effects of Somycin 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Somycin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Somycin Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Somycin Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Somycin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Somycin 500 MG
- Somycin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Somycin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Somycin Tablet works, or Somycin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Somycin Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, and headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Somycin 500 MG
- Store Somycin Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Somycin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Somycin Tablet?
Q: Are there any side effects with Somycin Tablet?
Q: Can I take Somycin Tablet for throat infection or cough?
Q: Can I stop taking Somycin Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
Q: Can I take Somycin Tablet for fever?
Q: What is the composition of Somycin Tablet?
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]