Skizoril 25mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Skizoril 25 mg Tablets belong to a class of medications called antipsychotics. They contain clozapine as the chief ingredient. This medication is used in the treatment of the symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a medical condition in which an individual loses interest in their life along with unusual thinking and behaviour. It may be accompanied by delusions and hallucinations. Skizoril 25 mg Tablets act on our central nervous system and help alleviate the symptoms by altering the chemical imbalance responsible for causing symptoms of schizophrenia. Skizoril 25 mg Tablets restores the chemical balance. Skizoril 25 mg Tablets should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor. The dosage may vary from person to person depending upon the condition and the symptoms for which the medicine is being used. It should be taken with caution for patients with a history of liver, kidney or heart disease. Before taking Skizoril 25 mg Tablets, make sure to tell all the pre-existing medical conditions, if any, along with the history of medications you have taken in the past or are taking currently. Skizoril 25 mg Tablets do not have a habit-forming tendency. This medicine may cause dehydration. Try to drink plenty of fluids after taking this medication....
|You Save||₹5.08 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||symptoms of schizophrenia.|
|Side effects||nausea, dizziness, constipation, dry mouth, headache.|
Check more medicines with composition as Clozapine(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Skizoril 25 MG
- Skizoril 25 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of symptoms associated with schizophrenia
Contraindications of Skizoril 25 MG
- If you are pregnant
- If you have any liver disease
- If you have a hypersensitivity to clozapine or any inactive ingredients of Skizoril 25 mg Tablet
- If you are lactating
Side effects of Skizoril 25 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Skizoril 25 MG
Can I take Skizoril 25 mg Tablets during pregnancy?
No, it is usually not recommended to use Skizoril Tablet during pregnancy, as it may be harmful to the foetus. Pregnant women must consult the doctor before taking Skizoril 25 mg Tablets for proper guidance.
Can I take Skizoril 25 mg Tablets while breastfeeding?
No, it usually is not recommended to use Skizoril 25 mg Tablets during breastfeeding. It may pass from mother to baby through breast milk and cause side effects in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Skizoril 25 mg Tablets?
No, it is not recommended to drive after taking Skizoril Tablet. This medication can cause drowsiness which might affect the coordination ability of the mind and muscles. Thus, it is advised not to drive any machinery or vehicle after taking Skizoril 25 mg Tablets. Consult your physician for more information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Skizoril 25 mg Tablets?
No, it is recommended not to consume alcohol or any of its forms along with Skizoril 25 mg Tablets. Alcohol may decrease the effectiveness of Skizoril Tablets, and may lead to loss of the coordinating ability of muscles and mind.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of heart disease.
- You have fluctuation in blood pressure.
- You have a medical condition of the liver.
- You have a history of seizures.
- You conceive during the course of Skizoril Tablet or are planning to get pregnant.
- You are planning a surgery.
- You have a high cholesterol level.
- You want to discontinue the use of this medication.
Mode of Action of Skizoril 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Skizoril 25 mg Tablets aid in the treatment of symptoms associated with schizophrenia. Clozapine is the active ingredient of this medicine. It functions by balancing certain chemicals in the brain, the imbalance of which is responsible for the alteration of thoughts and mood. Skizoril 25 mg Tablets stabilise the mood and thoughts of a person. As a result, the patient becomes more oriented towards living a healthy everyday life. It mainly alters the levels of dopamine and serotonin by blocking them. These are the main chemicals responsible for controlling human emotions....
Directions for Use of Skizoril 25 MG
- Skizoril 25 mg Tablets can be taken with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Skizoril Tablet should be swallowed whole. Do not chew or crush it.
- Avoid using Skizoril Tablet if the packet the seal is not intact.
- Do not let anyone else use your medication.
Interactions of Skizoril 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with drug interaction, you must inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking at the time of prescribing.
- The use of following medicines with Skizoril Tablet can produce adverse effects:
- Acetophenazine- may depress the central nervous system.
- Acetylsalicylic acid- may cause a rise in blood pressure.
- Acemetacin- may cause a rise in blood pressure.
- Aldesleukin- may worsen the symptoms of schizophrenia patients.
- Alosetron- may depress the central nervous system.
- Amifampridine- may cause seizures.
Interactions with food items
- Any adverse interaction of Skizoril 25 mg Tablets with any food is not known yet.
Storage and disposal of Skizoril 25 MG
Skizoril 25 mg Tablets should be stored in a dry place away from humid conditions. It should be stored in an airtight container, and kept away from the reach of any pets and children. It should be kept away from exposure to direct sunlight. For disposal instructions, hand over the medicines to the recycling department or discard them along with other biomedical wastes....
Dosage of Skizoril 25 MG
In case of an accidental overdose of Skizoril Tablet, speak to your doctor immediately and seek medical advice as it can lead to excessive drowsiness, nausea, loss of consciousness, fluctuation in heartbeat, etc....
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose of Skizoril Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, it is better to skip the missed dose and continue the scheduled cycle. Consult your physician for more information on how to manage missed doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have a history of liver disease. Should I take Skizoril 25 mg Tablets?
A: If you have a history of liver disease, you should use Skizoril 25 mg Tablets with caution, and only after consultation with a doctor. Appropriate dose adjustments may be needed from time to time. Your doctor may recommend regular liver function tests to check the functioning of the liver. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: What is the best time to take Skizoril 25 mg Tablets?
A: It is advised to take Skizoril Tablet at night before going to bed. This medication may cause drowsiness; thus, it's better to take it before sleeping. Try to take this medication at the same time of the day so that some amount of this medication is present in the body at all times.
Q: Do Skizoril 25 mg Tablets cause a gain in weight?
A: Yes, Skizoril 25 mg Tablets may cause a significant increase in weight as well as cholesterol. Your doctor may recommend routine blood tests at regular intervals of time, especially the lipid profile test. Consult your doctor for more information.
- Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022. CDSCO. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 19 February 2022].
- Accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. 2022. Schizophrenia | Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry, 3e | AccessMedicine | McGraw Hill Medical. [online] Available at: <https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?sectionid=200803785&bookid=2509#200803970> [Accessed 19 February 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Clozapine: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a691001.html> [Accessed 19 February 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After