Siphene 100mg Tablet
By SERUM INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Siphene tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of a certain type of infertility in women who are unable to produce eggs but wish to become pregnant. It contains Clomifene as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines called ovulatory stimulants. It works by stimulating the release of certain hormones from the pituitary glands that are essential for ovulation.
Uses of Siphene 100mg Tablet
For the treatment of a certain type of infertility in women.
Contraindications of Siphene 100mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient or any other components of this medicine.
- If you have unusual menstrual bleeding where the cause is not known or it's a hormone-dependent tumour.
- If you have a cyst in your ovaries, liver disease, etc.
- A pregnancy test should be performed before initiating the treatment with this medicine and to make sure you are not pregnant.
Side effects of Siphene 100mg Tablet
- Breast enlargement
- Visual disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Siphene 100mg Tablet
Can I take the Siphene tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. A pregnancy test should be performed before initiating the treatment with this tablet.
Can I take the Siphene tablet while breastfeeding?
Clomifene may reduce the amount of milk produced in lactating women. Hence, should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Siphene tablet?
You may notice problems with your eyesight such as blurred vision while taking this medicine especially when there is variable lighting. If affected, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Siphene tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as it is known to affect women's fertility.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have cysts or fibroids in your ovaries.
- You do not get your periods and it's too early for you to reach menopause.
- There is a risk of multiple pregnancies or ectopic pregnancy( pregnancy at a different site than womb) with this medicine.
- You experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine.
- This medicine can sometimes lead to over-stimulation of ovaries.
- You should be in constant touch with your doctors while taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Siphene 100mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
It acts on the pituitary glands (a small pea-sized gland that controls the activity of many hormone-secreting glands. It stimulates the release of two hormones namely follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH), which are crucial for the development and maturation of the ovarian follicle, ovulation and resulting in pregnancy).
Directions for Use of Siphene 100mg Tablet
- Take the Siphene tablet as advised by your doctor with water.
- The dose and duration of this tablet will be decided by your doctor.
Interactions of Siphene 100mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Siphene tablets work or this tablet itself can affect the way other medicines work if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you have recently taken, currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. You should also tell them about any supplements or herbals you are taking.read less
Storage and disposal of Siphene 100mg Tablet
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Store in the original container below 25ºC.
Dosage of Siphene 100mg Tablet
If you happen to take too many tablets of Siphene or more than advised, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, talk to your doctor as you may need to change your treatment cycle. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Siphene tablets delay periods?
A: No, this medicine is used for the treatment of infertility by inducing ovulation in certain women who fail to produce eggs and wish to become pregnant. It should not be used for delaying periods.
Q: When to take the Siphene tablets?
A: The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by your doctor by analysing your menstrual cycle. This medicine can be taken at any time with or without water with a sufficient amount of water.
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved