Sinarest Od Tablet
Sinarest Od Tablet Description
Sinarest OD tablet is an anti-allergic medicine, used to provide relief from various allergic conditions such as a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus, common cold. Sinarest OD tab
let contains levocetirizine and phenylephrine as its active ingredients. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a chemical substance, histamine is known to cause allergic conditions and also constrict the blood vessels within the nose. Do not take this medicine with other nasal decongestants and with medicine for high blood pressure, mental illness and heart problems. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. You should take this medicine at the same time every day, to gain optimum benefits. Sometimes this medicine can cause drowsiness, sleepiness, thus it is advised to be cautious or rather avoid driving or operating machines while on the Sinarest OD.
|Contains||Phenylephrine(30.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dry mouth, abdominal pain, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Sinarest Od Tablet
Contraindications of Sinarest Od Tablet
- If you are allergic to phenylephrine, levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Sinarest OD tablet.
- If you have severe kidney failure (kidneys not able to work properly).
- If you are taking medicines or took monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days.
- If you have high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or an enlarged prostate gland.
Side effects of Sinarest Od Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Sinarest Od Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems or aneurysms (weakness and bulging of the wall of the artery).
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have diabetes mellitus or any of its complications.
- You have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes).
- You have inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or pancreas (pancreatitis).
- You have liver disease.
Mode of Action of Sinarest Od Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is one of the main chemicals which gets released in the body and produces allergic symptoms. Levocetirizine blocks the effect of histamine and improves the symptoms related to allergy, like sneezing, redness and watering from the eyes. ...
- Phenylephrine being a decongestant medicine constricts the blood vessels of the nose and throat and helps in relieving redness, throat pain and stuffiness.
- A combination of these medicine controls the symptoms related to allergic rhinitis.
Directions for Use of Sinarest Od Tablet
Interactions of Sinarest Od Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Sinarest OD tablet and MAO inhibitors such as selegiline, rasagiline used for mental illness can cause a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly, thus should be avoided.
- Other sympathomimetic or decongestant medicines should not be used together with this medicine, as they increase the chances of heart-related side effects.
- The use of digoxin and other medicines used in heart problems increases the risk of irregular heartbeats and heart attack when used together with Sinarest OD tablet.
- Concomitant use of Sinarest OD tablet and ergot alkaloids used in migraine, increases the chances of sudden increases in blood pressure. Hence, they should be avoided.
- Some medicines can affect the way Sinarest OD tablet works or Sinarest OD tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Sinarest Od Tablet
- Store it at below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Sinarest Od Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sinarest OD tablet be taken continuously?
Q: Can we use Sinarest OD tablet in elder individuals?
Q: Can Sinarest OD tablet make you sleepy?
Q: Can the Sinarest OD tablet be used for fever?
Other Products from this Brand
- SINAREST AF TABLET
- SINAREST NEW STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- SINAREST BOTTLE OF 75ML SYRUP
- SINAREST PAED DROPS 15ML
- SINAREST AF NEW BOTTLE OF 15ML DROPS
- SINAREST PLUS BOTTLE OF 75ML SUSPENSION
- SINAREST AF NEW BOTTLE OF 75ML SYRUP
- SINAREST AF NEW BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP
- SINAREST NEW 0.5% ADULT BOTTLE OF 10ML NASAL SPRAY
- SINAREST LEVO NEW STRIP OF 10 TABLETS