Sevbait Dt 800mg Tablet 10'S
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sevbait Tablet is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It contains sevelamer, which belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It works by binding to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood. Sevbait should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Sevbait Dt 800mg Tablet 10'S
Uses of Sevbait 800 MG
Sevbait Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood phosphate levels in patients with severe kidney diseases & is also used patients who undergo dialysis.
Contraindications of Sevbait 800 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer or any other ingredients of Sevbait Tablet
- If you have difficulty in passing stools
- If you have low levels of phosphorous
Side effects of Sevbait 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Sevbait 800 MG
Can I take Sevbait Tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Sevbait Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Sevbait Tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Sevbait Tablet while breastfeeding as it is unknown if sevelamer passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sevbait Tablet?
It is unlikely that Sevbait Tablet will influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Sevbait Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Sevbait Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have undergone a major stomach or bowel surgery
- You have problems with the bowel movement (digestion problem)
- You have difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids
- You have severe stomach pain or intestine disorders
- You notice blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a raise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)...
- During the treatment you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels.
Mode of Action of Sevbait 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Sevelamer works by binding with phosphates in the intestine and inhibits its absorption thus decreasing blood phosphorus levels. This in turn helps in preventing low calcium levels.
Directions for Use of Sevbait 800 MG
- Sevbait Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sevbait 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sevbait Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Sevbait Tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when used together.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Sevbait Tablet...
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of this tablet on concomitant use
- This medicine can reduce the effect of medicines acting on immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used simultaneously.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is taken along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
Storage and disposal of Sevbait 800 MG
- Store Sevbait Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Sevbait 800 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of Sevbait Tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Sevbait Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Sevbait Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Sevbait Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Does Sevbait Tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, Sevbait Tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains sevelamer, which belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.