Sepmax Ds Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sepmax Ds Tablet contains a combination of two antibiotics - Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole. It is used in the treatment of many bacterial infections like ear, lung, airway, pneumonia, urinary tract, skin infections, etc. It is not recommended for use in pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers and children below the age of 12 years. The side effects include headache, nausea, diarrhoea, skin rashes, increase in potassium levels and development of fungal infections. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persists or worsen.
Uses of Sepmax Ds Tablet
Sepmax Ds Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like ear infection, skin and soft tissue infection, urinary tract infections, lung, airway and throat infections.
Contraindications of Sepmax Ds Tablet
If you are allergic to Trimethoprim or Sulfamethoxazole or any other ingredients of Sepmax Ds Tablet. If you are suffering from any severe liver or kidney problems If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. If you are suffering from any blood disorders (like anaemia, etc) It should not be given to premature babies and infants below 6 weeks.
Side effects of Sepmax Ds Tablet
- Skin rash, itching
- Fungal infections
- Increase in potassium levels
Precautions and Warnings of Sepmax Ds Tablet
Can I take Sepmax Ds Tablet during pregnancy?
Sepmax Ds Tablet must not be used during pregnancy as there are chances that this medicine may cause birth defects in the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you maybe or are planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Sepmax Ds Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Sepmax Ds Tablet passes into breast milk, thus you should consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sepmax Ds Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Sepmax Ds Tablet on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Sepmax Ds Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Sepmax Ds Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any severe allergies or asthma
- You have problems related to your kidneys
- Your doctor has told you that you have a folic acid deficiency
- You are malnourished or underweight
- You are above 60 years of age
- You are taking potassium supplements, or your doctor has told you, that you have too much of potassium in your blood.
- You have a rare disorder called porphyria
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You are suffering from any blood disorder. Your doctor may ask you to do regular blood tests if you need a long-term treatment or are prone to anaemia.
Mode of Action of Sepmax Ds Tablet
How Does It Work?
Sepmax Ds Tablet works by the combined effects of both its components - Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole. Both are antibiotics, and together work by inhibiting the synthesis of essential constituents required for the survival of bacteria and this results in the killing of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Sepmax Ds Tablet
- Sepmax Ds Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or after having your meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor.read less
Interactions of Sepmax Ds Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sepmax Ds Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concomitant use of Sepmax Ds Tablet along with Ciclosporin used for Rheumatoid arthritis, may cause kidney problems.
- Medicines like Procainamide used for irregular heartbeats when taken with this medicine can interfere with the action of this tablet.
- Concomitant use along with blood thinners like warfarin, coumarins may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Using medicines like Azathioprine and Mercaptopurine used for Rheumatoid arthritis with this medicine can affect the bone marrow and blood cells.
- Sepmax Ds Tablet can enhance the effect of some antidiabetic medications such as Repaglinide, decreasing your blood sugar levels abruptly.
- Other medicines like Digoxin, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, Procainamide, Dapsone, other antimalarial medicines should be used with caution along with Sepmax Ds Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Sepmax Ds Tablet should be taken with or after your meal to avoid any stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Sepmax Ds Tablet
Store Sepmax Ds Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sepmax Ds Tablet
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dizziness and confusion. If you think you have taken too much of Sepmax Ds Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Sepmax Ds Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Sepmax Ds Tablet?
A: Sepmax Ds Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like ear infection, skin and soft tissue infection, urinary tract infections, lung, airway and throat infections.
Q: How to take Sepmax Ds Tablet?
A: Sepmax Ds Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with or after food.
Q: Can I discontinue Sepmax Ds Tablet as I am feeling perfectly fine?
- No, Sepmax Ds Tablet is an antibiotic and has to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you stop taking this medicine in between before completing the course of treatment, your symptoms may reoccur.
- To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: Can Sepmax Ds Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, Sepmax Ds Tablet should be taken with or after having your meal, so as to avoid any stomach discomfort,
Q: Does Sepmax Ds Tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Sepmax Ds Tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved