Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Sensitab 15mg Tablets Description
Sensitab 15mg Tab is an anti-diabetic medicine containing pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is useful in improving the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. While taking t
his medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Your doctor may frequently ask you to monitor your blood sugar levels while on treatment with Sensitab 15mg Tab.
Uses of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Contraindications of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pioglitazone or any of the ingredient of Sensitab 15mg Tab .
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis (uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss).
- If you are suffering from any heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have any problems with your liver.
- If you ever had or have bladder cancer.
- If you notice blood in your urine and your doctor is not aware of it.
Side effects of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
- Respiratory tract infection like cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat
- Weight gain
- Abnormal or blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any liver disease.
- You are suffering from any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You are suffering from a certain type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema.
- You notice any type of swelling or have fluid retention, as Sensitab 15mg Tab may worsen your condition.
- You have cysts on your ovaries.
- Sensitab 15mg Tab may increase the risk of bone fractures.
- When taking this medicine along with other antidiabetic medicines, you may experience episodes of low blood sugar. Always carry sugar or a bar of chocolate. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes....
- Sensitab 15mg Tab is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Interactions of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sensitab 15mg Tab may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Sensitab 15mg Tab should be used with caution along with gemfibrozil (used to lower blood cholesterol) and rifampicin (antibiotic) as it may after its effects. Close monitoring of your blood sugar levels is necessary....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Dosage of Sensitab 15mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Sensitab 15mg Tab ?
Q: How to take Sensitab 15mg Tab ?
Q: Can Sensitab 15mg Tab be given to children?
Q: What is the content present in Sensitab 15mg Tab?
Q: What are the side effects of Sensitab 15mg Tab?
Q: When should I take Sensitab 15mg Tab?
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]