Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Sensiclav 625 mg tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics. It is used to treat infections of the respiratory tract,
ear, nose, urinary tract infections and, bone and joint. Take this medicine in dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the tablet as it may increase the risk of relapse of the infection. Commonly reported side effects are nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. These side-effects are usually mild and short-lived. Please consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects than these. Also, please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Sensiclav 625 mg tablet
|You Save||₹25.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting|
Uses of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Sensiclav 625 mg tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Sensiclav 625 mg tablet acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Sensiclav 625 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- Do not crush or break the tablet.
- Check the expiry date before consuming.
Interactions of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
- Some medicines can affect the way Sensiclav 625 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Sensiclav tablets at or below 25° in the original package to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Dispose of if the tablet has expired.
Dosage of Sensiclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of Sensiclav 625 mg medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you missed any dose of Sensiclav 625mg, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Sensiclav tablet?
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Sensiclav 625 tablet?
Q: Should I take this tablet empty stomach?
Q: Who should not take tab Sensiclav 625 mg?
Q: When should I take tab Sensiclav 625?
Q: How often should I take Sensiclav 625mg tablet?
Q: What is Sensiclav 625 used for?
Q: Can I take Sensiclav 625 for toothaches?
- Augmentin USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2022]
- CDSCO. Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 April 2022]