Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
By MICRO LABS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Salbid Retard 4mg Cap is used to provide relief from symptoms like breathlessness, wheezing sound, chest tightness, coughing, etc. associated with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains Salbutamol as its active ingredient. This medicine acts as a bronchodilator and works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thus widening the passage and easing breathing....
|You Save||₹1.13 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Salbutamol / Albuterol(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
Salbid Retard 4mg Cap is indicated for the management and treating of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
- If you are allergic to salbutamol or any of the constituents of the Salbid Retard 4mg Cap .
- If you have a history of missed pregnancy.
- If you are already taking medicines for high blood pressure.
Side effects of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
- Irregular heartbeats
- Muscular cramps
- Low potassium level (that leads to muscle spasm, weakness)
Precautions and Warnings of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
Can I take Salbid Retard 4mg Cap during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap during pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if it has more advantages than risks. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Salbid Retard 4mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Salbid Retard 4mg Cap is secreted in breastmilk therefore its use in breastfeeding mothers requires careful consideration. Therefore, a breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under the doctor's recommendation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Salbid Retard 4mg Cap ?
Salbid Retard 4mg Cap does not impair your ability to drive. However, if you develop side effects such as dizziness, muscle cramps or tremors, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Salbid Retard 4mg Cap ?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, intake of alcoholic beverages or tobacco while on treatment with salbutamol may increase the side effects. Smoking should be avoided strictly since it is known to worsen breathing disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have underlying medical conditions such as overactive thyroid, a heart-related disorder, etc.
- You have diabetes because your blood sugar level may rise and continuous monitoring is required.
- You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder.
- You feel that Salbid Retard 4mg Cap is less effective and not able to give you relief, but you should not increase the dose on your own. Seek medical help immediately.
- You experience allergic reactions like hives, itching, swelling, etc. during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Salbid Retard 4mg Cap acts by widening the airways in asthma and COPD. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widening airways, thereby making it easier to breathe.
Directions for Use of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Sometimes Salbid Retard 4mg Cap may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time. Especially, if you are taking antihypertensives like water pills, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines for heart-related problems like digoxin, etc. ...
- Concomitant use with anti-asthmatic medicines like theophylline and steroids along with Salbid Retard 4mg Cap can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store it below 25°C in a dry place.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date which is mentioned in the medicine.
Dosage of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap
Overdose of Salbid Retard 4mg Cap may lead to a low level of potassium which may cause muscle spasm and weakness, nausea, vomiting, fast heartbeat, fits, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and notice such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you recall it. However, if the next dose is imminent, then skip the missed dose and continue with the next dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I smoke if I have been prescribed Salbid Retard 4mg Cap ?
A: No, you should not smoke while taking the medicine. Smoking irritates the lungs, leading to harmful effects. In the case of asthma, the patients experience serious difficulty in breathing. Consult your doctor if it is hard for you to avoid smoking.
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.