Rosumac 10mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Rosumac 10mg Tab, which belongs to the statin class of medicines, is used to reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol and enhance good cholesterol in the body. It is a hypolipidemic medicine.
Uses of Rosumac 10mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Rosumac 10mg Tab
- Allergy to this medicine
- Alcohol addiction
- Liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
Side effects of Rosumac 10mg Tab
- The common side effects of Rosumac 10mg Tab include jaundice, heartburn, constipation, headache, stomach pain and dizziness
- The serious side effects include myopathy (i.e. muscle pain, lethargy and fever), blood in urine and abnormal muscle breakdown
Precautions and Warnings of Rosumac 10mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
You should avoid taking this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to conceive as it is unsafe for the foetus.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be administered while breastfeeding because it is not safe for children.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine does not inhibit your ability to drive; hence, it safe to drive when using this medicine. However, if you experience any of the side effects associated with this medicine, you should do not drive or operate tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
It is advisable to reduce the consumption of alcoholic beverages as it may lead to high risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You want to alter the course of the medicine or stop the medicine
- You have completed the course of this medicine
- This medicine is to be given to children and infants
Mode of Action of Rosumac 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Rosumac 10mg Tab inhibits a certain enzyme reductase known as HMG-CoA, thus leading to the lowering of LDL levels (bad cholesterol).
Directions for Use of Rosumac 10mg Tab
- Take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription
- This medicine is for oral use only
- Do not overdose on this medicine beyond the prescribed dose
- Swallow this medicine whole with water
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine
Interactions of Rosumac 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Oral contraceptive pills
Interactions with food items
This medication is known to interact with grapefruit, its extracts and juices; hence, it is advisable to avoid the intake of such food products when taking this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Rosumac 10mg Tab is used to treat heart problems, alcohol addiction and liver or kidney problems.
Storage and disposal of Rosumac 10mg Tab
- Store this medication away from children
- Avoid using this medicine beyond the expiry date
- This medicine needs to be stored in a closed container
- Keep this medicine in a cool and dry place
- There are no special storage conditions required for this medicine
- You should follow medical waste management instructions when disposing this medicine
Dosage of Rosumac 10mg Tab
This medicine should be taken at equally measured doses. Overdose of this medicine may lead to adverse side effects. At the event of overdose, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Rosumac 10mg Tab dosage is generally prescribed for a set duration; hence, try and avoid missing any dose. In the case of missed dose, you should try to administer this medicine as soon as you remember it. However, if it time for the following dose, you should skip the missed dose and not compensate for it by doubling the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know when using this medicine?
A: It is advisable to provide your complete medical history and any history of liver and kidney disease to your doctor.
Q: Can this medicine be legally purchased in India?
A: This medication can be legally purchased in India by producing a valid doctor's prescription.
Q: Is this dosage standard across all patients?
A: No, the prescribed dose is specific for your condition and is not standardized for general use.
Q: Can I use this medication be used for children?
A: The dosage of this medicine is for adults only. Please consult your doctor for child-specific dosage of this medicine.
Q: How to preserve this medicine?
A: Please follow the storage instructions mentioned in this transcript for proper preservation of this medication.
Other Variants for
Rosumac 10mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:26 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved