Risperdal 1mg Tablet
Risperdal 1 MG Description
Risperdal 1 mg Tablet is most commonly used for the treatment of schizophrenia and moderate to severe manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder. It also aids in the short-term treatment of pers
istent aggression in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's dementia. Risperdal 1 mg Tablet belongs to the therapeutic classification of antipsychotics. The active component of Risperdal 1 mg Tablet is risperidone. Risperdal 1 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine, and should be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. Consult your physician immediately if you experience any side effects, worsening of your condition, or allergic side effects. Continue taking the Risperdal 1 mg Tablet for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to complete the prescribed course of treatment. Do not give the medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition as you. Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal effects like worsening of your condition. Your doctor may taper the dosage gradually based on your medical condition before stopping it completely.
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorders|
|Side effects||Sedation, Sleep disturbances (insomnia), Somnolence, Headache, Vomiting, Nausea, Muscle spasms, Tremor, Blurred vision|
Uses of Risperdal 1 MG
- Risperdal 1 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of bipolar disorders
Contraindications of Risperdal 1 MG
- If you have risperidone hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients present in Risperdal 1 mg Tablet.
Side effects of Risperdal 1 MG
- Sleep disturbances (insomnia)
- Muscle spasms
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Risperdal 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Risperdal 1 mg Tablets or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or medicines.
- You have a history of depression or anxiety.
Mode of Action of Risperdal 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risperdal 1 MG
- Take the Risperdal 1 mg Tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Risperdal 1 mg Tablet can be taken with food.
- Swallow Risperdal 1 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Risperdal 1 mg Tabs at the same time every day for the prescribed period.
- Do not discontinue or alter the dosage of Risperdal 1 mg Tab without consulting the doctor.
- Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label.
Interactions of Risperdal 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid undesirable side effects associated with medicine interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Risperdal 1 mg Tablet can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with Class IA antiarrhythmics (such as quinidine, disopyramide and procainamide) and Class III antiarrhythmics (such as amiodarone and sotalol) and citalopram cause an increased QTc level, leading to changes in heart rhythm....
- Interaction with tricyclic antidepressants like amoxapine, amitriptyline can cause Central Nervous system Depressant effects.
- Interaction with levodopa can impair the antiparkinson effect of levodopa.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known adverse interactions of Risperdal 1 mg Tabs with food. Unless your physician suggests, there is no need to avoid any particular type of food or drink when taking Risperdal 1 mg Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Risperdal 1 MG
Dosage of Risperdal 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Risperdal 1 mg Tablets safe for elderly people?
Q: Are Risperdal 1 mg Tablets addictive?
Q: For how long should you be taking Risperdal 1 mg Tablets?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION [Internet]. Fda.gov. 2009 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Risperidone 1mg Film-coated Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Gee LS. Risperdal tablet, oral solution [Internet]. Gov.my. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- DailyMed - RISPERDAL- risperidone tablet RISPERDAL [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 14].