Risdone 1mg Tablet
Risdone 1 MG Description
Risdone 1 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of mania and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental illness that causes delusions or hallucinations and impairs a person's capacity to think and act. Y
ou can take Risdone 1 mg Tablet with or without meals. For optimal pharmacological effects, it is advised to take the prescribed dose of Risdone 1 mg tablet at the same time every day for the length of the treatment. It is critical not to discontinue this medicine without consulting your doctor since doing so might make your symptoms worse. Stop taking this prescription right away if you get neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) or fever, muscular stiffness, altered awareness, or seizures. Insomnia, Parkinsonism, and headache are all typical adverse effects of this medication. Risdone 1 mg Tablets may produce a fast drop in blood pressure if there is a sudden change in position, so it is best to rise slowly if you have been sitting or laying down for a longer duration. In addition, Risdone Tablets may cause weight gain, so it is important to eat a nutritious diet, implement lifestyle changes, and exercise regularly. Risdone Tablets may raise the chance of diabetes. Therefore, it's advisable to monitor blood glucose levels frequently.
Uses of Risdone 1 MG
- As per CDSCO, Risdone 1 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of mania and schizophrenia
Contraindications of Risdone 1 MG
- If you have a known allergy to any of the active components of the Risdone 1 mg tablet.
Side effects of Risdone 1 MG
- Insomnia or difficulty in sleeping
Precautions and Warnings of Risdone 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any unusual movements or feel uncomfortable or restless.
- You want to stop taking Risdone Tablets or do not see its effects. It might take 4 to 6 weeks to see any Risdone 1 mg Tablet effects. Do not stop taking Risdone Tablet without consulting your doctor, as it can worsen your symptoms....
- You have a history of cardiovascular illness, as Risdone 1 Tablet might make your heartbeat irregular.
- You conceive during the course of Risdone Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
- Risdone 1 mg Tablet may cause a rise in blood sugar, weight, cholesterol, and fat. So eat well, exercise often, and keep track of your blood sugar levels.
- Risdone 1 mg Tablet can make you more sensitive to high temperatures, so it is better to avoid being too hot or too cold or dehydrated.
Mode of Action of Risdone 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risdone 1 MG
- Take Risdone 1 mg Tablet once strictly as directed by the doctor.
- It can be taken with or without meals.
- Do not alter the dose of Risdone 1 mg Tablet without medical consultation.
- Risdone Tablet dissolves quilckly and can be swallowed with or without water.
- Take Risdone 1 mg Tablet as a whole. Do not break or smash it.
Interactions of Risdone 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Risdone 1 mg Tablet may interact with the following medicine leading to side effects such as headache or drowsiness:
- Atypical antipsychotics, including aripiprazole
- Benzodiazepines such as lorazepam, diazepam, alprazolam
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like citalopram, duloxetine, fluoxetine
Interactions with food items
- Do not take coke or tea with Risdone 1 mg Tablet. Instead, you can have it with water, orange juice, coffee, or low-fat milk.