Rictric 6 MG Description
Rictric Oral Drop help treat allergic reactions. It contains hydroxyzine that belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines. Rictric is specially designed for use for children and should be
used under adult’s supervision. It should be given to the child as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration.
Uses of Rictric 6 MG
Contraindications of Rictric 6 MG
- If your child is allergic to hydroxyzine or cetirizine or any other ingredients of Rictric Oral Drop.
- If your child is allergic to other piperazine derivatives, aminophylline or ethylenediamine.
- If your child has heart problems or a low heart rate.
- If your child has decreased potassium or magnesium levels in the body.
- If your child has any family history of heart disease.
Side effects of Rictric 6 MG
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Blurring of vision
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Rictric 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child has an underlying medical condition such as heart problem, fits, myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscle), digestive problem or stomach problem, hypertension, etc.
- You have difficulty passing urine, e.g. due to an enlarged prostate.
- Your child has glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You experience symptoms such as palpitations, breathlessness and loss of consciousness after taking Rictric Oral Drop.
Mode of Action of Rictric 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rictric 6 MG
- Take Rictric Oral Drop as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands well.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Rictric 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Rictric Oral Drops works or Rictric Oral Drops itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are giving medicines to treat heart conditions, high blood pressure, allergy, malaria, cancer, bacterial or fungal infections, etc.
Storage and disposal of Rictric 6 MG
Dosage of Rictric 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Rictric Oral Drop be used in children?
Q: Does Rictric Oral Drop cause sleepiness?
Q: Is Rictric bad for a baby?
Q: How long can a child take Rictric?
- [Internet] Hydroxyzine (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- [Internet] Alliance Label: Atarax® 10mg and 25mg Film-coated tablets [cited 10 June 2021]
- Hydroxyzine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Hydroxyzine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]