Rexipra 20mg Tablet
Rexipra 20 MG Description
Rexipra Tablet is a prescription medication most commonly used to treat a major depressive disorder and panic disorder with or without agoraphobia (fear of crowded or open places). Clinical depressio
n and panic disorders are types of mood disorders that affect how you feel. These conditions can interfere with regular daily activities. These conditions can be triggered by stress, trauma, etc., and the uses of Rexipra treat these. This tablet contains Escitalopram as its main ingredient. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Rexipra tablets works by increasing a chemical substance in the brain, which is responsible for elevating the mood, improving energy, and reducing nervousness. These tablets help stabilise the mood by reducing the excess activity of the nerves in the brain. It produces a calming effect and sedation. The dose of Rexipra Tablet should be carefully monitored, especially in older patients and patients with conditions related to liver and kidney. Even though it does not cause physical dependency, the dose of Rexipra medicine should be monitored because it can cause psychological dependency if used for a long duration. Make sure to inform the doctor of your medical history and treatments, as they can interact and cause undesirable side effects.
|You Save||₹21.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Memory problems, Changes in mood, Weight gain, Indigestion, Abnormal bleeding or bruising.|
Uses of Rexipra 20 MG
- As per CDSCO, Rexipra tablet is used for:
- Treatment of symptoms associated with major depressive disorders (persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in life).
- Treatment of panic disorders (type of an anxiety disorder) in patients with or without agoraphobia (fear of open and crowded places).
Contraindications of Rexipra 20 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of Rexipra Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction. This medicine does not cause physical dependence but may cause psychological dependency in rare cases.
- If you have angle-closure glaucoma, an eye condition with high fluid pressure.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- Rexipra tablets should not be administered to children below 12 years of age unless advised by the doctor.
Side effects of Rexipra 20 MG
- Sleep issues
- Feeling anxious or agitated
- Loss of appetite
- Painful urination
Precautions and Warnings of Rexipra 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any suicidal thoughts or tendencies.
- You are an elderly person over 65 years of age; the effects of Rexipra medicine can be exaggerated, so use it with caution.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements, notify your doctor to avoid serious side effects.
- You are planning to have surgery or a dental procedure.
- You have had a recent heart attack or stroke.
- You suffer from conditions like high blood pressure, respiratory disease, or lung disease.
- You have kidney disorders; Rexipra Tablet can be safe. The side effects are increased in end-stage kidney failure.
- You experience side effects persistently.
Mode of Action of Rexipra 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rexipra 20 MG
- Try to take the Rexipra tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Rexipra tablet, even if you do not notice its effects.
- Try to take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water without chewing or breaking it.
- Do not take Rexipra tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Rexipra medication, as it can have unwanted side effects.
Interactions of Rexipra 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., with this medicine. They can increase the levels of serotonin, which can lead to serotonin toxicity. It can cause severe adverse reactions. ...
- Be careful while using opiates or narcotic painkillers with Rexipra tablets; it can increase the effects of drowsiness.
- If you are using any anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as they can alter the effectiveness of Rexipra medicine.
- If you are using an anti-depression medication, do not use it without informing your doctor, as they can have severe reactions like lethargy, drowsiness, etc.
- Using aspirin with Rexipra medicine can increase bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are using blood thinners or medicines that cause bleeding before taking this medicine, as it can interact with these medicines and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Avoid taking medicines such as antihistamines (allergy medication), sleeping pills, opioid pain relievers, and other medication that cause drowsiness with Rexipra tablets.
Interactions with food items
- There are many possible food interactions with the Rexipra tablet. Avoid grapefruit and its juice, as it can worsen the side effects caused by this tablet. You can take this medicine before or after consuming food....
Storage and disposal of Rexipra 20 MG
Dosage of Rexipra 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Rexipra tablets for a long time?
Q: Can Rexipra tablets cause erectile dysfunction?
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Rexipra tablet?
- Escitalopram: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from: