Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Revelol XL 25 tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure and also reduces the risk
of further complications. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient that belongs to the 'Selective beta-blocker' class of medicine, having action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Revelol XL 25 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age....
Uses of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Revelol XL 25 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
Contraindications of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredients of the Revelol XL 25 tablet.
- If you have any heart condition such as a heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as asthma or any lung condition, low blood pressure, diabetes, kidney or liver disorder, etc.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you have decreased heart rate.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Revelol XL 25 tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Revelol XL 25 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Revelol XL 25 tablet while breastfeeding?
Revelol XL 25 tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the breastfed infant. You should not take this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Revelol XL 25 tablet?
Revelol XL 25 tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Revelol XL 25 tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Revelol XL 25 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effects after taking the Revelol XL 25 tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Revelol XL 25 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Revelol XL 25 tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Revelol XL 25 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed b
y your doctor....
Interactions of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Revelol XL 25 tablet or the tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are currently consuming, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you aretaking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking any pain killers, other anti-hypertensive medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines like Rifampicin, anti-allergic medicine like Hydralazine, anaesthetic like Lidocaine,medicines for erectile dysfunction, medicines for mood and sleeping disorders, antidiabetic medicine like Insulin, etc....Read more
Storage and disposal of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Revelol Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Revelol XL 25 tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you
have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember if you have missed taking a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Revelol XL 25 tablet dosage regimen reg
ularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop taking the Revelol XL 25 tablet on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeats or a heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow when taking the Revelol XL 25 tablet?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the this medication?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: I have asthma. Is it safe for me to take the Revelol XL 25 tablet?
A: Some conditions like asthma might affect the use of Revelol XL 25 tablet. Inform your doctor in detail about all the medical conditions and medicine before taking the Revelol XL 25 tablet.
Q: Is Revelol XL 25 tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Revelol XL 25 tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved