Restyl 0.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Restyl 0.5 mg tablets are chiefly used for moderate to severe anxiety along with panic disorders due to depression. It contains alprazolam 0.5 mg as the chief ingredient in its composition. Alprazolam belongs to a specific class of medicines called benzodiazepines. The most common problem with these medicines is that they are habit-forming. A medical prescription is a must to use these types of medicines as they can be abused by people. They affect the CNS(the central nervous system) of our body which mainly includes the brain. They help in calming the brain of anxiety and help in making the quality of life better. These medications must be taken under the guidance of a well-qualified doctor. If overused, they can prove to be fatal for the life of a person. A sudden stop in the usage of these medicines is also not recommended, and consultation by a doctor is a must....
|You Save||₹9.35 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Moderate to severe anxiety and panic attacks|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, and drowsiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Restyl 0.5 MG
- Panic attacks
Contraindications of Restyl 0.5 MG
- People sensitive to alprazolam or benzodiazepines
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Depressed respiratory rate
Side effects of Restyl 0.5 MG
- The main and the most common side effects include -
Precautions and Warnings of Restyl 0.5 MG
Can I take Restyl 0.5 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Normally it is avoided to give Restyl 0.5 mg tablets to a pregnant mother. They are only recommended in case of life-threatening conditions or in cases where the advantage of taking medication is more than its loss.
Can I take a Restyl 0.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
No, it is strictly not advised to take this medication in the case of lactating mothers. Medication may reach through the mother’s milk to the child, and it may cause some complications. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have taken Restyl 0.5 mg tablets?
No, it is strictly not advised to drive after taking this medication. One of the main symptoms of this medication is drowsiness. It can hamper the ability of a person to either focus or concentrate properly while driving. Thus driving any type of vehicle is not recommended. 2-3 hours rest should be taken after the oral intake of this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with Restyl 0.5 mg tablets?
It is normally not advised to consume alcohol or any other form of liquor with this medication. It can cause drowsiness, and the person may not be able to concentrate.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should consult your doctor if the side effects are more severe.
- Consult your doctor if you overdose on this medication accidentally.
- Liver patients should consult a doctor before starting this medication.
- Blood pressure patients should also seek medical guidance before starting this medication.
- Consult your doctor if you want to stop the usage of this medication.
- Consult your doctor and give a brief history of every medication you are taking or may have taken before starting the course of this disease.
- Consult your doctor if you are planning to start a family during the course of this medication.
Mode of Action of Restyl 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Restyl 0.5 mg tabs contain alprazolam which belongs to the class of benzodiazepines. Its mode of action depends on its ability to increase the action of a chemical messenger in our brain called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, and it helps slow down the activity of nerve cells in our brain cells. Thus, it is a CNS depressant and helps in depressing the activity of the brain. It calms our brain, which allows people to focus and concentrate without any feeling of being anxious and relaxes their minds of any worry providing peace of mind....
Directions for Use of Restyl 0.5 MG
- It can be taken on an empty stomach with a glass of plain water or as directed by your physician.
- Grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may reduce the effectiveness of the medication.
- Restyl 0.5 mg tablets should not be either chewed or broken.
- It should be taken orally.
- The expiration date should always be checked before taking any medicine.
- Dosage should be appropriate as it varies from person to person; in this regard, consultation by a well-trained medical professional is mandatory.
Interactions of Restyl 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antifungal agents
Interactions with food items
- No such interactions are known yet, but grapefruit juice, alcohol, or any other form of liquor are not advised to be taken with this medication as they may reduce its effectiveness wholly. This medication can be taken either with or without an empty stomach....
Storage and disposal of Restyl 0.5 MG
It can be stored at normal room temperature. Direct sunlight should be avoided. It should be stored in a place away from humidity and moisture. It should be placed away from the reach of children and animals. For disposal of this medication, it can be handed over to the recycling department or can be thrown along with the other biomedical waste of the house....
Dosage of Restyl 0.5 MG
- In case of an accidental overdose, consult your doctor as soon as possible to seek appropriate medical guidance as overdosing can result in falling blood pressure along with other serious side effects in the patient....
Missed a Dose
In case of a dose is missed by chance, then take it as soon as you recall or else if it is the time for the next dose, then ignore the left out dose and take the next dose on time and continue with your normal cycle. Never take two doses at once. Consult your doctor for more information....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Restyl 0.5 mg tablets habit forming?
A: Yes, they belong to a class of medicines called benzodiazepine. Some studies have shown that a person may become addicted to these medications. Counselling of dosage by a well-trained medical professional is mandatory and very important before starting the course of Restyl 0.5 mg tablets.
Q: Can I immediately stop the usage of Restyl 0.5 mg tablets?
A: No, it is strictly advised not to do so. In case of such an action, a person may suffer from its withdrawal symptoms later. These symptoms may include change of behaviour, sweating, tremors, etc., for stopping the course of this medicine; a doctor will gradually decrease the dose time after time until it becomes completely safe for the patient to stop this medication and without having him suffer from the withdrawal after effects.
Q: Can Restyl 0.5 mg tablets be advised for the age group under 18 years?
A: No, this medication is recommended only for adults above 18 years of age. This medication has a habit-forming tendency; thus, it should be used by adults only. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.