Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Renerve Plus G Tablet is a combination medicine containing Gabapentin, Mecobalamin (vitamin B12), Alpha- lipoic acid, Thiamine and Folic acid. It is used to treat neuropathic pain (nerve pain) due to
nerve damage or compression of nerves. You should take this medicine only if prescribed by a doctor. It is advised to complete the treatment even if you feel better. It is recommended to avoid taking Renerve Plus G Tablet along with alcohol and antacids otherwise, it may impair the activity of this medicine and increase the chances of other additional side effects. You should also avoid driving or handling any machinery during the treatment, as this medicine can impair your alertness. Before starting with this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming and any other health issues such as heart problems, liver or kidney problems.
|You Save||₹16.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alpha Lipoic Acid + Folic Acid + Gabapentin + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) + Thiamine|
Uses of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
- For the treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Gabapentin, Mecobalamin (vitamin B12), Alpha-lipoic acid, Thiamine and Folic acid or any of the ingredients of Renerve Plus G Tablet.
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe.
- Renerve Plus G Tablet is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women.
Side effects of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Impaired vision
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from problems related to the heart like blockage of heart, history of heart failure, abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You have severe kidney, liver or pancreas disorders.
- You experience suicidal thoughts or changes in your mood and behaviour.
- You may experience sleepiness, dizziness or loss of consciousness. You should be cautious while driving or before using any complex machinery.
- You experience symptoms like hives, urge to scratch, swelling on the face and lips, difficulty in breathing or any other respiratory illness, you should discontinue the medicine immediately and contact your doctor....
- You are taking medicine for psychiatric illness along with this medicine, as it may cause sleepiness or sedation. The doctor may need to adjust the dose accordingly.
Mode of Action of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B12 which helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of the damaged nerves in the brain.
- Gabapentin acts on specific receptors in the brain and reduces the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is used to make energy for other parts of the body and also acts as an antioxidant that protects the brain during injury.
- Thiamine turns food into energy and makes the nervous system healthy.
- Folic acid helps in making healthy new cells.
- Renerve plus G works by the combined action of these active ingredients. Thereby, helps in relieving the nerve pain.
Directions for Use of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Take Renerve Plus G Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time every day.
Interactions of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines for brain diseases along with Renerve plus G, your doctor may lower the dose of this medicine.
- Antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of Renerve Plus G Tablet.
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin, Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Cough medicine like Hydrocodone and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine....
- As this medicine contains more than two ingredients, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
- Also, discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Renerve Plus G Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Renerve Plus G Strip Of 6 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Renerve Plus G Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other health problems.
Q: Can I take my other medicines along with Renerve plus G?
- CDSCO. Gabapentin / Methylcobalamin. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- Ema.SmPC. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- NIH. Vitamin B12. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- Webmd. Alphalipoic acid. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- NHS. Thiamine. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- Medlineplus. Folic acid [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)
- Strides. Renerve Plus. [Accessed on 19-Feb-2021] (online)