Recipro 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By VERITAZ HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Recipro Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. It contains ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. Recipro Tablet kills the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking the action of enzymes essential for DNA replication, repair, etc. Recipro Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Recipro Tablet or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics makes it ineffective for future treatment. If stopped abruptly it may lead to relapse or return the infection....
Uses of Recipro 500 MG
Recipro Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, lung, stomach, intestine, skin & soft tissue, bone & joint, urinary tract and also sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhoea). It used for the treatment of infections due to certain surgical procedure and septicemia in immunocompromised patients....
Contraindications of Recipro 500 MG
- If allergic to ciprofloxacin or other ingredient of Recipro Tablet.
- If you are on other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid. If you are not sure about which are the medicines ask the doctor.
- Taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Recipro 500 MG
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Recipro 500 MG
Can I take Recipro Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. The medicine can be used during pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor. If you conceive while taking the medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Recipro Tablet while breastfeeding?
Recipro Tablet can pass into breast milk and may produce undesirable effects in the child. The doctor will tell you whether to discontinue medicine or breastfeeding considering the importance of treatment for the nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Recipro Tablet?
Recipro Tablet may make you a little dizzy, hence you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Recipro Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have mental health problems or a history of fits.
- You may have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- Avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You may experience a sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Recipro Tablet and contact the doctor immediately.
- You may develop sudden severe pain in the stomach, back or chest or experience severe diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may experience nervous system-related symptoms like confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You may suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. The medicine further worsens the condition of muscle weakness.
- Recipro Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- The medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell the doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Recipro 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Ciprofloxacin in Recipro Tablet blocks the action of an enzyme essential for DNA synthesis in bacteria, inhibiting its growth, multiplication and repair.
Directions for Use of Recipro 500 MG
Recipro Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take with or without food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Recipro 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Recipro Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cation should be exercised if you are taking medicines for the treatment of uneven heart rhythm, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasm, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, erectile dysfunction, sleeping disorders, skin conditions, blood thinners....
- Recipro Tablet should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking dietary supplements that zinc, iron, antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, medicines for kidney problems such as sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate and medicine for the treatment of ulcer-like sucralfate....
- Recipro Tablet enhances the glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicine hence should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yoghurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Recipro Tablet as they may reduce the absorption of the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Recipro 500 MG
- Store Recipro Tablet at a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Recipro 500 MG
An overdose causes headache, dizziness, tiredness, confusion, shakiness, hallucinations, difficulty in urination. If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Recipro Tablet, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, avoid missing the dose of the medicine. If you have missed a dose of Recipro Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Recipro Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Recipro Tablet is an antibiotic.
Q: Can you take Recipro Tablet if I have a fever?
A: No, you cannot take Recipro Tablet if you have a fever as it is used to treat severe bacterial infections and not viral infections like a fever. Also, avoid self-medicating and should take medicines only after consulting the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Recipro Tablet?
A: Recipro Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, ear, stomach, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Recipro Tablet?
A: You should take Recipro Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Recipro Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: Avoid stoping the treatment in between even if you feel better. If you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body which makes the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to the antibiotics and cause severe infections which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Recipro Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about the detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform the doctor about liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Recipro Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform the doctor about all the medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform the doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand