Rapeed D Capsule
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rapeed D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). It acts by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the motility in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine should be taken at least 30 mins before the meal, preferably breakfast....
|You Save||₹20.16 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg),Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Rapeed D Capsule
Rapeed D capsule is used in treating gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rapeed D Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any components of the Rapeed D capsule.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines, ask your doctor.
Side effects of Rapeed D Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rapeed D Capsule
Can I take Rapeed D capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of Rapeed D capsules in pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be used only when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Rapeed D capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Rapeed D capsule pass in the breast milk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rapeed D capsule?
Rapeed D capsule is unlikely to affect your ability to drive. However, if you experience sleepiness after taking this medicine avoid driving or be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Rapeed D capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney disease.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You experience any blood disorders.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV such as atazanavir or any other medicine.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long-term use.
- Taking Rapeed D capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Low levels of vitamin D and calcium can result in an increased risk of osteoporosis.
Mode of Action of Rapeed D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rapeed D Capsule
Rapeed D capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Take Rapeed D capsule, preferably in the morning before your first meal, i.e breakfast.
Interactions of Rapeed D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rapeed D capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood thinning-medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Rapeed D Capsule
- Store Rapeed D capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rapeed D Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose of Rapeed D capsule include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, tremors and slurred speech. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: For how many days should the Rapeed D capsule be taken?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with Rapeed D capsule after accessing your condition and its severity. You should not stop taking this medicine before the treatment is complete neither should you take it for too long.
Q: What is Rapeed D capsule used for?
A: Rapeed D capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). It is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, nausea and chest pain.
Q: Should Rapeed D capsules be taken before or after food?
A: Rapeed D capsules should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Q: Is Rapeed D capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.