Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Rapeed D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). It acts by decreasing the amount of ac
id produced in the stomach and improves the motility in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine should be taken at least 30 mins before the meal, preferably breakfast.
- Rabiwok Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Wockhardt Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 160.78₹ 112.561.92% CHEAPER₹ 11.26/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0045.12% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
Uses of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Contraindications of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any components of the Rapeed D capsule.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines, ask your doctor.
Side effects of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have liver and kidney disease.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You experience any blood disorders.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV such as atazanavir or any other medicine.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long-term use.
- Taking Rapeed D capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Low levels of vitamin D and calcium can result in an increased risk of osteoporosis.
Mode of Action of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rapeed D capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood thinning-medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Rapeed D capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rapeed D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.