Rabeloc Rd Capsule
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabeloc RD capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, nausea and chest pain. It acts by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine should be taken at least 30 mins before the meal, preferably breakfast.
Uses of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
Rabeloc RD capsule is used in treating gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any component of the Rabeloc RD capsule.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
Can I take Rabeloc RD capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the Rabeloc RD capsule in pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be used only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Rabeloc RD capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Rabeloc RD capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabeloc RD capsule?
Rabeloc RD capsule is unlikely to affect ability to drive. However, if you experience sleepiness after taking this medicine avoid driving or be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabeloc RD capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess, as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney disease.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You experience any blood disorders.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV such as atazanavir or any other medicine.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking the Rabeloc RD capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Low levels of vitamin D and calcium can result in an increased risk of osteoporosis.
Mode of Action of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning 30 mins before food.
Interactions of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Rabeloc RD capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood-thinning medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rabeloc Rd Capsule
Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabeloc RD capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration
Q: I have been taking this medicine for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Q: Should the Rabeloc RD capsule be taken before or after food?
A: Rabeloc RD capsule should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved