Qvin Tz Tab
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Qvin Tz Tab is an antibiotic containing a combination of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole.
Uses of Qvin Tz Tab
- Infection of stomach, liver, pancreas, surrounding organ, vagina, cervix uterus, lung, throat and airways
- It is also used for prevention of infection which may happen after surgery and operation
Contraindications of Qvin Tz Tab
- As this medicine contains a combination of two medicines, any contraindication with individual product can happen with this combination
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin, Tinidazole, similar medicines or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have serious blood disease or brain disorders
- If you have a history of serious allergic reactions including allergy of the skin due to any antibiotic
- If you are pregnant (especially during the first trimester) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking a medicine called Tizanidine for muscle spasms
Side effects of Qvin Tz Tab
- Headache, dizziness, sleep disorder and migraine
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, altered taste, stomach pain or decreased appetite
- Allergic reactions like skin rash and itching
- Tendon rupture and pain
- Numbness, pins and needle sensation
- Liver function problems and serious heart rhythm problems
- Sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of Qvin Tz Tab
Can I take Qvin Tz Tab during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine can alter the growth and development of bones in the unborn baby. Thus, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Qvin Tz Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk and women consuming this medicine should not breastfeed the baby at least for 3 days after taking the last dose. Also, you should watch your baby for fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea.
Can I drive if I have consumed Qvin Tz Tab?
You may experience dizziness, giddiness, unusual muscle movements and impaired alertness. Thus, it is advised not to drive when you have taken this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Qvin Tz Tab?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment and atleast 3 days after stopping the treatment. It may cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headaches and sometimes hot flushes may also occur.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience pain, swelling in the joints or tendons, take rest, stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- If you experience muscle pain and muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- If you have a history of fits
- If you experience burning, tingling, numbness or pain sensations
- If you experience nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression or suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you have liver and kidney failure
- If you have watery diarrhoea and black tarry stools, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- If you experience any blood disorder, anaemia and abnormal blood count
- If you experience irregular heartbeat and difficulty in passing urine
- If you have diabetes, then your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
Mode of Action of Qvin Tz Tab
How Does It Work?
This combination of medicine works by inhibiting the formation and action of bacterial enzymes responsible for the growth of bacteria which eventually leads to the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Qvin Tz Tab
- It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, an hour before or 2 hours after the meal
Interactions of Qvin Tz Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- As this medicine contains a combination of two medicines, any drug interaction of individual component can happen with this combination
- Never take this medicine with Tizanidine (muscle relaxants)
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines which can alter your heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinone, Disopyramide, Clomipramine or Amitriptyline and antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycinread less
- This medicine should be taken at least two hours before taking any medicines containing magnesium/aluminum used for acidity, to treat ulcers like Sucralfate, any preparation containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosineread less
- Concomitant use of Theophylline (for breathing problem) can lead to serious side effects
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin should be used cautiously, it may lead to bleeding problems
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Metoclopramide, Omeprazole, Agomelatine, Zolpidem, Methotrexate, Caffeine, Phenytoin, Cyclosporine, Lidocaine, Ropinirole, Duloxetine, Clozapine, Metronidazole, Sildenafil and Sucralfateread less
Interactions with food items
Dairy products like milk or yoghurt and calcium-fortified juices should be avoided during the treatment. It may decrease the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Qvin Tz Tab
Store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Qvin Tz Tab
- Symptoms of overdose incude confusion, shaking, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in urine and difficulty in urination
- In case of an overdose, please rush to your doctor or nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine if I feel better?
A: No, you should follow the prescribed duration by your doctor. If you stop it early, you may develop resistance and your infection may reoccur. On reoccurrence, the infection may not respond to such antibiotics.
Q: What should I avoid while taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Qvin Tz Tab?
- If you notice tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help
- If you notice pain or swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugar which can be dangerous
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache or tremors, immediately have a juice/sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved