Qutipin Sr 100mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets are used to manage symptoms of conditions such as schizophrenia and mania(depression). Quetiapine is the chief ingredient of this medication. This medication is classified as an antipsychotic medicine. It works by balancing the levels of certain chemicals in our nervous system. This helps in improving mood, thinking ability, and promotes the overall betterment of lifestyle. Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets should strictly be taken under the guidance of a doctor. The timings of intake of this medication should be kept the same so that appropriate amounts of this medication should be present in the body at all times. Since the medicine can cause dizziness, any activity that requires strenuous physical activity should be avoided. Blood pressure and glucose levels of patients should be monitored from time to time while taking this medication. Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets should strictly not be used by children below 10 years of age. In some people, consumption of this medication may lead to suicidal tendencies. Caregivers should be perceptive of any unusual change in the patient and should report them to the doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹11.64 (12% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dry mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Increased heart rate.|
Check more medicines with composition as Quetiapine(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
- Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets are used for the following conditions-
- Treating symptoms of schizophrenia
- Treating episodes of mania in bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
- Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets are contraindicated in the following condition-
- If you are allergic to quetiapine.
- If you are pregnant or suspect pregnancy.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
- Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets may have the following side effects-
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Pain in joints
Precautions and Warnings of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
Can I take Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets during pregnancy?
No, it usually is not recommended to use this medication during pregnancy, as it may be harmful to the foetus. Pregnant women must consult their physician before taking Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets for proper guidance.
Can I take Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
No, it usually is not recommended to use Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets during breastfeeding. It may pass from mother to the baby via breast milk and may cause side effects in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets?
No, it is not recommended to do so. This medication can cause drowsiness which may affect the coordinating ability of the body. Thus, it is advised not to drive any vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking this medication. Consult your physician for more information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets?
No, it is firmly recommended not to consume alcohol with Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets. Alcohol may reduce the effectiveness of this medication, and consuming it along with alcohol may lead to loss of the coordinating ability of muscles and concentration or focus on surroundings.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to quetiapine
- You are planning to have surgery soon.
- You are using any other medications, supplements or any nutritional supplements.
- You have diabetes.
- Your blood pressure increases.
- You want to stop taking this medication, as discontinuing it abruptly may cause withdrawal symptoms to appear.
Mode of Action of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets have potent dopamine receptor blocking actions. It acts on specific pathways of nerves and corrects certain chemical imbalances in our central nervous system. It increases the serotonin level in our central nervous system, and helps in improving the mood of a person and clearing thoughts....
Directions for Use of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
- It is very easy to use Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets
- These tablets should be taken along with a glass of water.
- This medicine can be taken on an empty stomach.
- They should be swallowed as a whole. Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Check the expiry date of medicine diligently before taking it.
- Do not use the tablets if the packet or seal is broken.
- Do not consume it with alcohol or any other form of liquor.
Interactions of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets should not be used with the following medications as it may cause adverse reactions in the body. These medications are-
- Tranquilisers(induce sleep and drowsiness)- causes increased drowsiness
- Antihypertensives(medicines that lower blood pressure)- may cause a decrease in blood pressure levels.
- Pain medications, muscle relaxants, sedatives, and antihistamines(anti-allergic medicines)- Their use with Qutipin sr 100mg tablets may cause sleepiness.
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets with any food is known. However, it is recommended to avoid grapefruit juice with it.
Storage and disposal of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
It should be stored in an airtight container. It should be stored in a way so that it remains away from heat, light and moisture. It should strictly be kept away from the reach of children or pets. Before ingesting, the expiry date should be diligently checked. It can either be handed over to the recycling department or be thrown along with the biomedical waste for disposal....
Dosage of Qutipin Sr 100 MG
In case of an accidental overdosing of Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets consult your doctor immediately as it may cause symptoms like increased heartbeat, fainting, drowsiness, and dizziness.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, an individual can take it as soon as possible. If the patient remembers only in time for the next dose, it’s better to skip the missed dose and continue the cycle. Consult your physician for more information....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the best time to take Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets?
A: The best time to take a Qutipin sr 100mg tablet is right before bedtime. Dizziness and drowsiness are the common effects of this medication. Thus, proper rest is recommended after you take this medicine. It is advised to take the medicine at a fixed time to maintain adequate amounts of this medication in your system at all times.
Q: I have a history of liver disease. Should I take Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets?
A: People with a history of liver disease should use Qutipin sr 100mg tablet with certain precautions. Adjustment of dose may be needed from time to time under the supervision of a doctor. Regular monitoring of liver health with the help of liver function tests is also recommended to avoid chances of any injury to the liver. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: Does Qutipin sr 100 mg tablets have any effect on vision?
A: Qutipin sr 100 mg tablet may cause cataracts as a side effect in some people. As a result, the vision may degrade. It is recommended to consult a doctor before starting this medication, and go for regular eye checkups, at least once in six months.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.