Prodine 5mg Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prodine 5 MG Description
Prodine Tablet contains procyclidine as its active medicine. It is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exa
ct duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Blurred vision, Constipation, Urinary retention|
Check more medicines with composition as Procyclidine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Prodine 5 MG
- Prodine Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Prodine 5 MG
- If you are allergic to procyclidine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you have a blockage in your intestine (gut).
- If you are unable to or have difficulty passing urine and are not currently receiving any form of treatment for this from your doctor.
Side effects of Prodine 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
Precautions and Warnings of Prodine 5 MG
Can I take Prodine Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Prodine during pregnancy. Use this medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Prodine Tablet while breastfeeding?
Limited information is available on the use of Prodine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive If I have consumed Prodine Tablet?
Avoid driving if you feel dizzy, confused, disorientated or suffer blurred vision.
Can I consume alcohol with Prodine Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have high blood pressure or a heart condition.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have a history of blockages in your intestine (gut).
- You have a family history of glaucoma or you are at risk of developing glaucoma.
- You suffer from repetitive movements of the hands, mouth, tongue, lips and eyes, which you are unable to control and may be caused by certain medicines. Procyclidine can make these symptoms worse.
- You have any brain disease.
- You are taking a phenothiazine medicine.
Mode of Action of Prodine 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Procyclidine works by relaxing smooth muscles which stops the muscle spasms.
Directions for Use of Prodine 5 MG
- Prodine Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken just before or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Prodine 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Prodine Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Prodine 5 MG
Store in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Prodine 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include fast heartbeat, agitation, restlessness and confusion. Seek medical attention if you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Prodine Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Prodine Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking Prodine Tablet, even if you are feeling well, as it may worsen your symptoms. If you feel any discomfort while on treatment, contact your doctor.
Q: How many Prodine Tablet can I take in a day?
A: The dose of Prodine Tablet varies from person to person. Your doctor will prescribe your dose after assessing your symptoms.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed