Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection contains Hydrocortisone as its active ingredient. It belongs to a group of medicines known as steroids. It is useful for treating swelling, redness due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, severe asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, severe shock due to an injury, trauma or infection, lack of adrenal gland, etc. It will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹20.70 (35% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrocortisone(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Primacort 200 MG
Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, severe asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, severe shock due to an injury, trauma or infection, lack of adrenal gland, etc....
Contraindications of Primacort 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Hydrocortisone or any other ingredients of Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection.
- If you already have been vaccinated or have a vaccination scheduled.
- If you are suffering from any viral infection (such as measles, chickenpox, shingles) and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Primacort 200 MG
- Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling, etc
- Altered mood (mood swings)
Precautions and Warnings of Primacort 200 MG
Can I take Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
- Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection must be avoided during pregnancy as it may be harmful. However, your doctor will only give you this injection if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. ...
- If you get pregnant while on treatment, please consult your doctor and do not stop the medicine unless told to do so by your doctor.
Can I take Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Although there is limited information, this medicine is likely to pass into breast milk, thus you should consult a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
There is limited data available about the effects of this medicine on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have problems with your heart like heart failure, high blood pressure, etc.
- You are suffering from any mental health problems like depression.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits (epilepsy).
- You or any member of your family had or have an eye problem like glaucoma.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You are suffering from a stomach ulcer.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have any type of infection.
- You have a vaccination planned.
- You recently had chickenpox, shingles, measles, etc. or have been in contact with a person who has it.
- You experience any kind of mental health problems like depression, suicidal thoughts, etc; immediately contact your doctor.
- Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection should not be discontinued suddenly, as it may cause serious side effects.
- It should not be used too often or for a prolonged duration
Mode of Action of Primacort 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Hydrocortisone in Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection works by blocking or reducing the action of some natural substances in the skin that cause swelling, redness and allergies.
Directions for Use of Primacort 200 MG
- Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Primacort 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection.
- Medicines like Rifampicin, rifabutin (used in tuberculosis), carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, primidone (used to treat fits or seizures) may reduce the effects of this medicine and thus should be used with caution....
- Medicines like insulin (and other diabetic medicines), other anti-hypertensive medicines (captopril, verapamil), blood thinners like warfarin, water pills, pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma) may increase the effects of this medicine when taken simultaneously....
- Other medicines like Carbenoxolone, Oral contraceptive pill, Mifepristone, Vecuronium, Tretinoin, Quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection.
Storage and disposal of Primacort 200 MG
- Store Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Primacort 200 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection. If you experience any discomfort right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when this injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why can't I take Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection by myself?
A: Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection is to be taken by injection and are given into tissue just under the skin or into the vein. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. It also needs to observe the patient for some time after injection. So, this medicine should not be self-administered.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Is Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection a steroid?
A: Yes, Primacort 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection contains Hydrocortisone, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.