Prexaron Plus Tablet
Prexaron Plus Tablet Description
Prexaron Plus Tablet is a combination medicine used to treat acute stroke. It has citicoline and piracetam as its active components. Prexaron Plus protects the brain cells from damage and helps to re
pair them. It also increases blood flow and oxygen consumption in parts of the brain. The medicine is meant to be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
Uses of Prexaron Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Prexaron Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to citicoline, piracetam, or any of the components of Prexaron Plus Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of medical condition, especially a kidney disorder.
- If you have a history of a brain haemorrhage.
- If you are suffering from Huntington's Chorea ( a neuron degenerative disease).
Side effects of Prexaron Plus Tablet
- Uncontrolled movements
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Prexaron Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical condition such as stomach or intestinal ulcers, any kind of blood disorder, etc.
- You have a kidney disorder.
- You have a planned surgery or operation including dental surgery.
- You are on certain medications like anticoagulants including the low dose of aspirin.
- You are elderly and taking this medicine for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Prexaron Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Prexaron Plus Tablet has citicoline and piracetam as its active components.
- Citicoline protects brain cells from damage and helps to repair and nourish them, thereby increasing neuron excitability. Piracetam acts by improving the oxygen and blood flow to the brain.
- The combined action of these two active ingredients promotes healing, decreases brain damage, ensures speedy recovery in patients who have undergone stroke, and improves overall health.
Directions for Use of Prexaron Plus Tablet
- Take the medicine orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Always take the medicine as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Prexaron Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Prexaron Plus Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Prexaron Plus Tablet work.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating thyroid disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, low doses of aspirin, meclofenoxate, and anti-Parkinson's medicine like levodopa....
Storage and disposal of Prexaron Plus Tablet
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.