Preva 75mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Preva 75mg Tab 7`S is an anti-platelet medicine and its composition comprises primarily of clopidogrel. Preva 75mg Tab 7`S is used for allowing the easy flow of blood in blood vessels as it is a blood thinner.
Uses of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
- Prevents chances of stroke in heart patients
- Helps in preventing the blockage of blood to the brain (ischemic stroke) and that to the heart muscles (acute coronary syndrome)
- Used to prevent blood clots in cardiac stents
Contraindications of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
- Individuals with any active wound or bleeding should not have this medicine
- Those allergic to clopidogrel are advised to get an alternate prescription
Side effects of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
- Gum bleeds
- Tarry stools
- Nose bleeds
- Light headedness
- Passing of blood in vomiting and cough
Precautions and Warnings of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
Can I take Preva 75mg Tab 7`S during pregnancy?
The medicine is prescribed for pregnant women by the doctor after carefully weighing its benefits and risks.
Can I take Preva 75mg Tab 7`S while breastfeeding?
Clopidogrel passes into the milk. Its side effects in the infant are evaluated before prescribing it to a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Preva 75mg Tab 7`S?
This medicine has no negative effects on one's ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Preva 75mg Tab 7`S?
Consumption of alcohol during the course of medication poses a risk for other serious conditions like stomach ulcers to arise.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- A close monitoring of the platelet count must be maintained, as the medication can result in abnormal levels of platelets.
- Any contact sports should be avoided as it might lead to an injury and increase chances of uncontrolled bleeding.
Mode of Action of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
How Does It Work?
Preva 75mg Tab 7`S works by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for platelet aggregation, as a result, not allowing the platelets to stack together and preventing blood clots from forming.
Directions for Use of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
The medicine is to be taken as per the prescribed amount. An increase in dosage of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S without the doctor's approval may result in bleeding.
Interactions of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking NSAIDs with clopidogrel can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Escitalopram or any other depression medications, when taken along with clopidogrel, can also result in increased bleeding.
- Anaesthetic medicines like ketamine and others are to be taken if the doctor has prescribed them after being aware of the other medications being taken, because if taken with clopidogrel, it can result in serious side effects.read less
Interactions with food items
No complications are found with any food products. Individuals can ask the doctor for a preferred diet.
Other general Interactions
Individuals who have recently undergone surgery or those who have fresh stitches are advised to make the condition known to the doctor to prevent any complications and in worst cases, prevent profuse bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
The medicine is stored at room temperatures and is to be kept away from heat and moisture.
Dosage of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S
In case of an overdose, immediate medical assistance is necessary, the individual should be rushed to an emergency room. Serious side effects of Preva 75mg Tab 7`S are profuse bleeding and fainting.
Missed a Dose
A missed dosage must be taken as soon as possible but not if it might result in a double dose, which can lead to an overdose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the risks involved in quitting clopidogrel as soon as the condition is better?
A: Continue this medicine till the prescription lasts, a sudden disruption in the dosage increases the chances of a stroke.
Q: Is it safe to continue taking Preva 75mg Tab 7`S while getting close to a surgery appointment?
A: Any blood-thinning medicine is to be stopped around 6 to 7 days before surgery unless the doctor suggests otherwise.
Q: Can clopidogrel be taken with other anticoagulants to boost results?
A: Anticoagulants like warfarin, rivaroxaban and others can lead to a lethal overdose when mixed with this medicine.
Q: Is it safe to get vaccinated while on clopidogrel?
A: Vaccination or any other injection into the muscles are to be done only after a consultation with a doctor.
Q: How long does it takes for the medicine to start it's functioning?
A: Around 2 hours after oral administration.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved