Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
Prescuf D Syrup 100ml Description
Prescuf D Syrup is used for short-term relief from cough. It is also used for treating irritation in the throat, sneezing & blocked nose due to an allergy or cold. The contains three active ingredi
ents, namely chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. Prescuf D Syrup is effective for treating dry cough. Shake it well before use. Take this as directed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the past medical and medication history, before initiating the treatment with Prescuf D Syrup.
|You Save||₹5.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine + Dextromethorphan + Phenylephrine|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, dry mouth, itching, rashes, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
- If you have a known allergy to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine or any ingredient of this .
- If you have high blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- If you have a serious airway related infection or asthma (this should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Mode of Action of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Prescuf D Syrup works by the combined effect of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, it acts on a specific part of the cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substances....
Directions for Use of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
- Take Prescuf D Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Prescuf D Syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Prescuf D Syrup should not be consumed with or at least after two weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. ...
- Medicines (antibiotics) used to treat infections like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with this .
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
- Store the at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prescuf D Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Prescuf D Syrup for Dry cough?
Q: Does Prescuf D Syrup contain steroids?
Q: I feel drowsy and dizzy after taking Prescuf D Syrup , is it normal ?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Tordex Cough Syrup - Oral Liquids - Torque Pharma [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Phenylepinephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]