Predone Syrup 60ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Predone Syrup 60ml contains Prednisolone. It is a corticosteroid which belongs to a class of steroid medicines.
Uses of Predone Syrup 60ml
- To treat various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines
- For relieving swelling and inflammation in various body parts and in conditions like arthritis
- It is also used to support the hormonal balance of natural steroids when the body is not capable produce on its own
Contraindications of Predone Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye caused by herpes virus
Side effects of Predone Syrup 60ml
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Predone Syrup 60ml
Can I take Predone Syrup 60ml during pregnancy?
It may increase the risk of growth retardation in fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken when the doctor recommends after assessing the benefits of this medicine to pregnant women outweighs the risks to the unborn baby. A pregnant woman who develops blood pressure or fluid retention problem during pregnancy needs to be monitored closely.
Can I take Predone Syrup 60ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Predone Syrup 60ml?
It has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Predone Syrup 60ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- This medicine makes you more prone for infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection or measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with a doctorread less
- If you experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you have diabetes
- If you experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems, including suicidal thoughts
- If you experience visual disturbances and eye infections, upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract
- If you are an older person, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, so be very cautious
- If you have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth
Mode of Action of Predone Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a naturally occurring steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation and during organ transplantation. It can also delay the progress of leukaemia (Blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Directions for Use of Predone Syrup 60ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or a droper for the exact quantity
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own
Interactions of Predone Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- It would be best if you did not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine
- Antacids and antibiotics Rifamycin and Erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital and Phenytoin
- If you are taking medicines antifungal medicines like Amphotericin and Ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Troleandomycin and Erythromycin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, Methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicineread less
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill and thyroid medicine such as Carbimazole and Thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like Digoxinread less
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual
- Other medicines for treat asthma-like Salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit Juice
Storage and disposal of Predone Syrup 60ml
- Store below 25°C and use within 3 months
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Predone Syrup 60ml
Symptoms of overdose are not known. However, you must seek immediate medical assistance in case you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Predone Syrup 60ml
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped as it can lead to psychological problems. Your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take the vaccine if I am on this medicine?
A: Predone Syrup 60ml can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
A: It should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved