Prado 5mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
By PCI PHARMACEUTICALS
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prado 5 MG Description
Prado Tablet is a steroid containing prednisolone. It is used for the treatment of various health conditions including allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders affecting various organs such as
bones, joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, etc. It is also used for the treatment of certain infections (with appropriate chemotherapy), prevent organ rejection during transplant and for certain type of cancer. This medicine works by modifying your immune response, reducing allergy and inflammation.
|Uses||Allergies, infalmmation, infection, cancer, organ transplant|
|Side effects||Irritation, weight gain, infections, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Prado 5 MG
- For the treatment of allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders associated with various organs.
- For the treatment of a certain type of cancer and infections (with appropriate chemotherapy)
- To prevent organ rejection during organ transplant procedures.
Contraindications of Prado 5 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious infection and you are not taking any anti-infective treatment for that.
- You should not take a certain vaccine (live vaccine), especially if you are immunocompromised.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye (herpes infection).
Side effects of Prado 5 MG
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Impaired wound healing
- Growth retardation
Precautions and Warnings of Prado 5 MG
Can I take Prado Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. A long term use may be associated with low birth weight and growth retardation in the baby. Consult your doctor for more information. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine seek immediate medical help.
Can I take Prado Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts which are unlikely to affect the breastfed infant. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prado Tablet?
There is limited information available on the effect of this medicine on the driving abilities of an individual. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbance you should not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Prado Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, one should limit their alcohol intake while taking steroids especially if the steroid is prescribed for long-term treatment. Consult your doctor to know more and what works for you best.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with the doctor. ...
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Prado 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Prado Tablet contains prednisolone which is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body naturally that play an important role in maintaining normal physiological function and well being of the human body....
- This medicine mimics the action of naturally produced steroids. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation, autoimmune diseases and during organ transplantation.
Directions for Use of Prado 5 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Prado 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and certain antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill, medicine for hyperactive thyroid such as carbimazole and thiamazole and medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin, a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines to treat asthma, like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
- Any other medicine, supplement or herbals, if you are taking or might take, should be discussed with your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Prado 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prado 5 MG
An overdose of this medicine may aggravate existing conditions like edema, salt imbalance, infection or ulcer. Seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Prado Tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can taking Prado Tablet lead to hair loss?
A: Hair loss is not a commonly known side-effect of Prado Tablet. As every individual has a different physiological response, your doctor can give you the best advice on this.
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- What Are the Health Risks of Mixing Steroids and Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed