Poviz Oint 15gm
By AGRON REMEDIES
15g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Poviz 5 % Description
Poviz Ointment is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Poviz Ointment is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor....
|You Save||₹4.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Wounds, cuts, and ulcers|
|Side effects||Rash, itching, burning, irritation, blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Povidone-Iodine(5.0 %)
Uses of Poviz 5 %
Poviz Ointment is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers.
Contraindications of Poviz 5 %
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Poviz Ointment
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Poviz 5 %
Precautions and Warnings of Poviz 5 %
Can I apply Poviz Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Poviz Ointment during pregnancy. It is not recommended to use this Ointment during pregnancy.
Can I apply Poviz Ointment while breastfeeding?
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Poviz Ointment as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Can I drive if I have applied Poviz Ointment?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Poviz Ointment?
There is limited information available on the interaction of Poviz with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this Ointment, discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Ointment should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Poviz Ointment should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Poviz 5 %
How Does It Work?
Povidone Iodine is an antiseptic and works by killing the microbes. It enters the microbial cells, oxidises key components, and causes cell death. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses....
Directions for Use of Poviz 5 %
- Use Poviz Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Poviz 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since Poviz Ointment is to be applied externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you take other medicines to treat other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Poviz 5 %
- Store Poviz Ointment at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Poviz 5 %
- Since Poviz Ointment is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess Ointment with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this Ointment as prescribed, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Poviz Ointment used for?
A: Poviz Ointment is used as first aid for cuts, burns and minor wounds. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns.
Q: How does Poviz work?
A: Poviz has antiseptic properties. It kills the microbes by oxidising certain cell components of microbes and thus prevents their growth.
Q: For how many days should I use Poviz?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for this Ointment. Do not stop applying it on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 7 days of use, get in touch with your doctor.
Q: Is Poviz Ointment an antibiotic?
A: Poviz Ointment is a topical antiseptic medicine.
Q: When should you not use Poviz?
A: You should not use Poviz for longer than 1 week without consulting a doctor. Also, if you experience any other unwanted symptoms like fever, nausea, headache, stop usage and immediately consult your physician.
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay