Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Plavix 75mg tablet is used to treat various heart diseases associated with abnormal blood clot formation in blood vessels and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain. It c
ontains clopidogrel as an active component. It is an antiplatelet medicine, which prevents blood from clotting within the blood vessels. It maintains the smooth and normal flow of blood in blood vessels and reduces the chances of heart stroke. You should take the Plavix 75mg tablet regularly at a dose and duration as directed by your treating doctor. You should never stop taking this medicine, even if you think you are feeling better, otherwise, it may increase the risk of having a heart stroke again. Take this medicine with or without food, but at a fixed time daily. Also, discuss with your doctor a detailed medical history and all other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions....
Uses of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Plavix 75mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of blood clots after certain heart procedures like cardiac stenting, peripheral vascular disease, heart attack and stroke in patients with cardiovascular diseases....Read more
- Plavix 75 is also used in the treatment of heart-related chest pain like unstable angina.
Contraindications of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- If you are allergic to clopidogrel or any other components of the Plavix 75mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any condition that is causing bleeding such as bleeding in the brain or ulcers in the stomach.
- If you have liver disorders.
Side effects of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Increased tendency of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Can I take the Plavix 75mg tablet during pregnancy?
Plavix 75mg tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy as there is limited safety-related data available. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take the Plavix 75mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if clopidogrel passes into the breastmilk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking the Plavix 75mg tablet. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Plavix 75mg tablet?
Plavix 75mg tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, sometimes you this medicine may cause side effects like dizziness. So avoid driving in case you experience any side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with the Plavix 75mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and the Plavix 75mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from any bleeding disorder like stomach ulcer, internal bleeding.
- You are undergoing or are scheduled for any kind of surgery (including dental procedures).
- You have any allergies to clopidogrel or any other antiplatelet medicine.
- You had recent surgery or serious injury/trauma.
Mode of Action of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Clopidogrel in the Plavix 75mg tablet inhibits the pathway for platelet collection, thereby preventing the platelets from clotting. Thus, it maintains smooth and normal blood flow in vessels.
Directions for Use of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Plavix 75mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- It is advised not to stop the treatment without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Plavix 75mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use with certain medicines like blood thinners (warfarin), anti-clotting protein like Heparin, other antiplatelet medication like Aspirin, pain killers like Naproxen, medicines used for psychotic disorders like Fluoxetine, along with the Plavix 75mg tablet should be avoided. As it can increase the risk of bleeding....Read more
- The use of antacids like omeprazole along with this medicine may decrease the effectiveness of the Plavix 75mg tablet.
- The use of HIV antiviral medication together with the Plavix 75mg tablet increases the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Plavix 75mg tablets should be stored at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
An overdose of the Plavix 75mg tablet can lead to an increase in the side effects, especially the symptoms of bleeding. If you have taken too much of the Plavix 75mg tablet inform your doctor immediat
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Plavix 75mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of the Plavix 75mg tablet?
A: Plavix 75mg tablet composition includes 75 mg of clopidogrel.
Q: What should I do if I start experiencing side effects?
A: Inform your doctor at the earliest, he/she will provide appropriate treatment and make required changes in dosage, if needed.
Q: What medicines I should be careful about before starting with the Plavix 75mg tablet?
A: You should be careful when you are on blood-thinning medicines like heparin, warfarin, etc; aspirin and NSAIDs like naproxen are used in treating pain. This medicine can increase the risk of bleeding. Also, check the drug interaction section. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Q: Is it normal that the time taken to clot decreases while taking the Plavix 75mg tablet?
A: Plavix 75mg tablet usually increases the time taken for blood to stop bleeding. Inform your doctor if it lasts longer. Therefore, special care should be taken to while handling equipment and working, thus avoid cuts during routine activities like shaving, cutting of nails, etc.
- CDSCO - Clopidogrel [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- DailyMed - Clopidogrel bisulfate tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Clopidogrel [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved