Plavix 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Plavix 75 MG Description
Plavix 75mg tablet is used to treat various heart diseases associated with abnormal blood clot formation in blood vessels and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain. It
contains clopidogrel as an active component. It is an antiplatelet medicine, which prevents blood from clotting within the blood vessels. It maintains the smooth and normal flow of blood in blood vessels and reduces the chances of heart stroke. You should take the Plavix 75mg tablet regularly at a dose and duration as directed by your treating doctor. You should never stop taking this medicine, even if you think you are feeling better, otherwise, it may increase the risk of having a heart stroke again. Take this medicine with or without food, but at a fixed time daily. Also, discuss with your doctor a detailed medical history and all other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
- Clopitru 75mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.00₹ 46.75₹
- Clopicard 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Gx15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.97₹ 77.68₹
- Clopitab 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.47₹ 92.20₹
- Cloyd 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.00₹ 95.20₹
- Clopihenz 75mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.10₹
- Cloflow 75mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.03₹ 43.03₹
- Clopivas 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.20₹ 80.07₹
- Preva 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 81.65₹ 69.40₹
- Ceruvin 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.79₹ 84.82₹
- Clopilet 75mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.40₹ 109.99₹
Uses of Plavix 75 MG
- Plavix 75mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of blood clots after certain heart procedures like cardiac stenting, peripheral vascular disease, heart attack and stroke in patients with cardiovascular diseases....
- Plavix 75 is also used in the treatment of heart-related chest pain like unstable angina.
Contraindications of Plavix 75 MG
- If you are allergic to clopidogrel or any other components of the Plavix 75mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any condition that is causing bleeding such as bleeding in the brain or ulcers in the stomach.
- If you have liver disorders.
Side effects of Plavix 75 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased tendency of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Plavix 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from any bleeding disorder like stomach ulcer, internal bleeding.
- You are undergoing or are scheduled for any kind of surgery (including dental procedures).
- You have any allergies to clopidogrel or any other antiplatelet medicine.
- You had recent surgery or serious injury/trauma.
Mode of Action of Plavix 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Plavix 75 MG
- Plavix 75mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- It is advised not to stop the treatment without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Plavix 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Plavix 75mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use with certain medicines like blood thinners (warfarin), anti-clotting protein like Heparin, other antiplatelet medication like Aspirin, pain killers like Naproxen, medicines used for psychotic disorders like Fluoxetine, along with the Plavix 75mg tablet should be avoided. As it can increase the risk of bleeding....
- The use of antacids like omeprazole along with this medicine may decrease the effectiveness of the Plavix 75mg tablet.
- The use of HIV antiviral medication together with the Plavix 75mg tablet increases the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Plavix 75 MG
- Plavix 75mg tablets should be stored at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Plavix 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of the Plavix 75mg tablet?
Q: What should I do if I start experiencing side effects?
Q: What medicines I should be careful about before starting with the Plavix 75mg tablet?
Q: Is it normal that the time taken to clot decreases while taking the Plavix 75mg tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Plavix 75?
Q: Can I stop Plavix 75 if I feel better?
- CDSCO - Clopidogrel [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Clopidogrel bisulfate tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]