Planokuf D Syp 60ml
By SHREYA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Planokuf D Syrup has a combination of three medicines, namely Cetirizine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties. It is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing & stuffy nose due to an allergy or cold. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. You should not use this syrup if you are allergic to any of the components of this syrup or if you are pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers. Caution should be exercised while driving or handling any machinery as this syrup can cause dizziness.
Uses of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
Planokuf D Syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, runny or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
- Known allergy to Cetirizine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine or any other ingredient of this syrup.
- High blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- Serious airway related infection or asthma (this medicine should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- You should not take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- You are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
Can I take Planokuf D Syrup during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should avoid taking this syrup as there is no safety information available on the use of Planokuf D Syrup in pregnancy.
Can I take Planokuf D Syrup while breastfeeding?
Planokuf D Syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this syrup may pass into breast milk and can harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Planokuf D Syrup?
You may feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this syrup . It's better not to drive or operate any machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Planokuf D Syrup?
Alcohol consumption, along with syrup, can make you feel more dizzy and drowsy. It is advisable to limit or avoid alcoholic beverages during the treatment and discuss it with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any type of heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland.
Mode of Action of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Planokuf D Syrup works by coaction of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It acts on a certain part of the cough center or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Cetirizine is an antiallergic medicine that works by reducing allergic symptoms like rashes, sneezing, watery eyes and a runny or blocked nose.
Directions for Use of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
- Take Planokuf D Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Planokuf D Syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Planokuf D Syrup should not be consumed with or at least after 2 weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc.read less
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with Planokuf D Syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
- Store the syrup at room temperature
- Keep it away from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Planokuf D Syp 60ml
Symptoms of overdose of Planokuf D Syrup can be agitation, confusion, fits, drowsiness, fusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken too much of Planokuf D Syrup contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: what precautions do I need to take while taking Planokuf D Syrup?
A: Planokuf D Syrup may contain sugar or alcohol as addictive. It is advised to inform the doctor about your health condition if you are suffering from diabetes, dependency on alcohol or suffering from liver disease.
Q: Does Planokuf D Syrup contain steroids?
A: No, it does not contain any steroidal component.
Q: What is Planokuf D Syrup used for?
A: Planokuf D Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal blockage due to an allergy or cold.
- CDSCO. Cetirizine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Torque Pharma. Tordex Cough Syrup. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Webmd. Chlorpheniramine-Phenylephephrine-DM. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Phenylepinephrine. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Cetirizine. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Apr 2021 | 09:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved