Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection Description
Piptaz 4.5 gm injection is a combination medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It contains piperacillin and tazobactam as its active ingredients. Tazobactam is an antibiotic medici
ne and works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. Bacteria develop an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Piperacillin as a resistance mechanism. Tazobactam inactivates the enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Piptaz 4.5 gm injection.
Uses of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Contraindications of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or other ingredients of Piptaz 4.5 gm injection.
- If you have an allergic reaction to other antibiotics like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injectionection site
Precautions and Warnings of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Avoid during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier. Piptaz 4.5 gm injection will be given to you by the doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby....
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems.
- You develop skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu.
- You have diarrhoea and pus in the stool after taking the medicine, stop the medicine and report to the doctor.
- You suffer from bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You experience fits or convulsions.
- You have problems with kidney function.
- You develop weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Mode of Action of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Piptaz 4.5 gm injection will be given in a hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self Inject the medicine.
- Medicines used for relaxing the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium.
- Monitoring of blood function is required if you are on the medicine used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat cancers like methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Piptaz 4.5gmdry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Store Piptaz 4.5 gm injection at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it away from children.
- The unused portion must not be stored and discard properly.