By KNOLL HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Picomix 5 MG Description
Picomix Syrup is used to provide relief from constipation. It contains a laxative known as sodium picosulfate as its active ingredient. Constipation occurs when the normal muscle action in the bowel (large intestine) slows down, and the stools are not easily removed from the body. A laxative like Picomix Syrup increases bowel movements, thereby helping to push out the stools. Eating a balanced diet, drinking enough water, exercising regularly, and making time to empty your bowels when your body tells you are some of the tips to be followed to try to prevent constipation. This syrup is not to be used in children below 12 years of age. Always take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take too much of this medicine or for too long. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine....
|You Save||₹10.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Sodium Picosulfate(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, stomach pain, discomfort, or cramps|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Picosulfate(5.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Picomix Syrup
Piclin Kid Syrup
By A.menarini India
50ml Syrup in Bottle
Uses of Picomix 5 MG
Picomix Syrup is used to treat constipation.
Contraindications of Picomix 5 MG
- If you are allergic to sodium picosulfate or any other ingredient of Picomix Syrup.
- If you have dehydration.
- If you have a bowel condition called ileus (blockage in the intestine) or inflammatory bowel disease (inflammation of the digestive tract).
- If you have any kind of serious abdominal condition like appendicitis.
- You have stomach pain with nausea, vomiting and/or fever.
- You have inflammation of the bowel (small and large intestine).
Side effects of Picomix 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Stomach discomfort
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Picomix 5 MG
Can I take Picomix Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Picomix in pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended to talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Can I take Picomix Syrup while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Picomix in human breastmilk. Thus, it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding, unless recommended by your treating doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Picomix Syrup?
There is limited information available regarding the effect of Picomix Syrup on the ability to drive. If you feel comfortable enough to drive, you can drive. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness or abdominal cramps which may affect your ability to drive safely, then it is suggested that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Picomix Syrup?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Picomix Syrup. Hence, it is suggested that you confirm with your doctor whether you can consume alcohol while taking Picomix Syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are under 12 years of age.
- You are taking this medicine for more than five days.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You drink alcohol or alcohol-containing beverages or medicines.
- You have any kind of liver disease or experience fits/seizures (epilepsy).
- You experience symptoms of allergy (rash, itching, swelling of your skin, mouth and face, difficulty swallowing) after taking this medicine.
- You develop symptoms of dehydration like thirst and production of less urine than normal.
- You feel dizzy or faint after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Picomix 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Picomix Syrup increases the muscle movements in the bowel which helps to move the stool through the body. This medicine also softens the stool and allows easy elimination.
Directions for Use of Picomix 5 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Picomix 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Picomix Syrup works, or this Syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, spironolactone) or adrenocorticosteroids (mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids) with Picomix Syrup may increase the risk of imbalance of salts in the body. ...
- Care should be taken when antibiotics are taken along with this Syrup as this may reduce the laxative effect of the syrup.
Storage and disposal of Picomix 5 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Picomix 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Picomix Syrup include diarrhoea and stomach cramps. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss the dose of medicines. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Picomix Syrup help with weight loss?
A: No. There is no information available that suggests that Picomix Syrup can cause weight loss. Hence this medicine should not be used for reducing weight, rather it is used to treat constipation.
Q: What are some healthy tips to try to prevent constipation?
A: Constipation occurs when the stools are not easily removed from the body. Some of the healthy tips to prevent constipation include eating a healthy diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables, drinking enough water to stay hydrated, exercising regularly and taking the time to empty your bowels when your body tells you.
Q: How long does it take for Picomix Syrup to work?
A: Picomix Syrup takes about 6-12 hours to provide relief in constipation. However, the effect of this syrup varies depending on the condition and individual physiology.
Q: Will Picomix Syrup also soften my stools?
A: Yes, Picomix Syrup will soften your stools while increasing your bowel movement. This will make it easier for you to push your stools out of your body and will provide relief in constipation.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Dulcolax Twelve Plus Pico Liquid - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Dulcolax Twelve Plus Pico Liquid - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Constipation Relief – Dulcolax® [Internet]. Dulcolax.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay