Phalin 100mg Injection
By MOLEKULE (IND)PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phalin 100 MG Description
Phalin Injection is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy, and loss of consciousness. It is used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. It contains phenytoin as an active ingredient. The medicine works by reducing the abnormal electrical activity of the brain. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should discuss with the doctor your complete medical and medication history....
Uses of Phalin 100 MG
- For the treatment of epilepsy (abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
Contraindications of Phalin 100 MG
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the injection.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor).
Side effects of Phalin 100 MG
- Local irritation
- Abnormal behaviour
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Phalin 100 MG
Can I take Phalin Injection during pregnancy?
The injection should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause birth defects in the baby. If pregnancy is detected while taking treatment inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Phalin Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of the injection can pass in breast milk, women taking the injection should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have taken Phalin Injection?
The injection may make one feel dizzy and drowsy. Avoid performing a skilled activity such as driving.
Can I consume alcohol after taking Phalin Injection?
Avoid consuming alcohol while after the injection as alcohol can affect the concentration of the medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney related disorder.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as the medicine affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking the medicine, immediately report to the doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking the medicine.
- You may develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals, and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of Phalin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
To control and prevent seizure during and after brain surgery. Epilepsy is a brain-related condition wherein the normal electrical rhythm of the brain is disturbed. The usually affects a person's consciousness, movements or sensations and may lead to seizures, loss of awareness, feeling shaky. Phenytoin in medicine reduces the spread of such abnormal electrical signals and stabilises brain activity thus controlling the abnormal behaviour and symptoms of a seizure....
Directions for Use of Phalin 100 MG
- The injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Never miss a dose of the medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
- Continuous monitoring of the electrocardiogram and blood pressure is essential after taking the injection.
- The patient should also be observed for signs of respiratory depression.
Interactions of Phalin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Phalin works or Phalin itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Phalin 100 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Phalin 100 MG
The chance of an overdose is unlikely since this injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a healthcare set up or hospital.
Missed a Dose
Chances of missing a dose of the injection are rare as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case you happen to miss a dose, please inform the doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Phalin Injection used for?
A: The medicine is used for the treatment of different forms of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related condition characterised by loss of consciousness, lack of awareness, abnormal sensation and uncontrolled movements. It occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Q: How long does a typical seizure last?
A: The seizure usually lasts from few seconds to few minutes. It depends on its type.
Q: Can I consume alcohol after taking the injection?
A: Alcohol may affect the way the medicine works, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay